How to create an unattended win XP pro with sp3

au10tic

I am using nLite v. 1.4.7, and these are the steps i've followed, i've read forums here and there but just cant seem to make it work.

i choose the location on my D drive [XPpro w/ SP2]. This copies the contents on my winXPpro w/ SP2 CD to a local folder i created, I named the folder Nlites, i then follow the instructions and and choose to integrate [slipstream] SP3, which i have downloaded and saved in my root folder C:\

I just want to create the ISO with XP pro slipstreamed to SP3, with no hotfixes nor applications and unattended, but regardles of what i attempt when i try my .ISO file at the end using virtual machine the machine keeps restarting i get a message but i cannot read what it says because it just keeps restarting. Can anybody show me what steps to follow exactly, i am almost giving up!! :angry:

When you say the machine keeps restarting, where does it get to in the install process? Is it a BSOD restart loop or something else? If its a BSOD loop can you try disabling restart on BSOD (if I recall correctly its an option in nLite). If you make an untouched iso from the files on your D: does it work then? or same problem? I'd try using nLite first (with no other options, just make an iso) and if you still have problems, I'd try something else such as CDImageGUI - to double check its not some corruption of the files on your HDD. For something else, it may be worth allowing nLite to import the files from your CD, it should warn you if there is any corruption.

maybe the virtual machine is suffereing from ESD, have you touched any virtual componets b4 discharging !! lol

there is an unattended guide available if u look to the top of the page, its for sp2 but the steps are the same for sp3. when i used nlite i never got any problems, so u may want to screen shot the window when the error appears or if you are using vmware you can actually record the whole operation to be played back so you can haltthe footage and read it