AGP 4xRadeon HD 3850 in win 9x?

Springdale

I'm thinking of making the purchase of a HIS Hightech H385Q512ANP Radeon HD 3850 for my aging eMachines etower. I would love to keep winodws 98se, but I don't think there is any possibility of getting the drivers to fully work under windows 98. Nice thing about this certain video card is the Direct X 10 capabilities. Anybody know if there is a way to get this ATI video card to work under Windows 98se? Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

:whistle: Using"ATI Radeon 7000-AGP4X/ddr graphics card now with 256mb/sdram 500mhz-PentiumIII-slot 1 on a MicronMillenia1999;;display and grapics are "GREAT".....JUST find Correct drivers at ATI Site and you'll enjoy thee sights :)!-*If you need "Help" just Ask and it will come soon! :):thumbupWIN98SE=proud to use and reliably stable :sneaky:

get this ATI video card to work under Windows 98se? Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

not gonna happen.

If your gonna run AGP, at least get a 8X AGP MOBO.......

I caved and got Vista Ultimate, ain't never looking back.

The 3850 is a killer card though.

All else being equal, 9x video speed is faster than 2000/XP so older card work well.

I’ve refurbished several older machines recently and I’ve been recommending Radeon 9500 through 9800 pro. (unless the customer specifies Nvidia) These cards are agp 2x and Dx9 compatible. And the 9500/9600* series will usually run on a 200 watt power supply.

But thydreamwalker is right I’ve put R7000/7500 in 9x and XP systems and they work very well.

If you’re running the latest games then these cards, as well as Windows 9x, won’t do. But if you run the most popular games (Sims 1, Bejeweled Deluxe 2) then 9x outshines all the other OS’s.

* just so I’m accurate; the pro and xt versions draw more power and the 9600 won’t do 2x agp.