MSFN Hosting out of Business

KYPUMPER

Hi,

did you get your money refund ?

They promised me that I will get it back by end of last month... of course I didn't get back anything and now have no options to contact anybody :/

It's a shame.... really... !

Everyone got money back. What is your name and how did you pay for hosting. You will get your money back asap.

First notice was sent 1 month before we closed business.

Yes, it's true - notifications went out a month before the closedown. If you didn't get one, blame your spam filter.

I guess it just wasn't profitable reselling space on The Planet. Or maybe there were other issues. It was good while it lasted, though.

Now, can we please finally remove the ">>MSFN Hosting...<<" notice on the forum login template, Mr. xper admin person?

Yes, it's true - notifications went out a month before the closedown. If you didn't get one, blame your spam filter.

I guess it just wasn't profitable reselling space on The Planet. Or maybe there were other issues. It was good while it lasted, though.

Now, can we please finally remove the ">>MSFN Hosting...<<" notice on the forum login template, Mr. xper admin person?

Advertising link removed. Thanks for pointing this out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I had legolash2o.net but its still registered so i can't use/transfer it with a new web host. Anything i can do?

Sorry for delay. I will sent you info through your mail asap.

Now that MSFN hosting has gone - what are you guys using now? I was going to sign up to MSFN hosting as I liked the features like: cpanel, high bandwidth, high space, sub domains etc for a low price.

It will be hard to find another web host with the reputation that MSFN seems to have.

Now that MSFN hosting has gone - what are you guys using now? I was going to sign up to MSFN hosting as I liked the features like: cpanel, high bandwidth, high space, sub domains etc for a low price.

It will be hard to find another web host with the reputation that MSFN seems to have.

There are Thousands more hosts out there!

http://hostpapa.co.uk/ Seems to be my fav at the moment! Cheap and domain included :)

http://www.webhostingtalk.com is the definitive forum for web hosting matters. Have a look at their 'offers' section, then do a search to see what users have reported about the host in question.

Stay away from the overselling hosts ('100GB space and unlimited bandwidth on a shared server with free domain name, and all for only $3.99 a month!!!').

As the poster above says, there are many other good hosts, just do your homework first. Avoid the many 'review' sites out there which are mostly untrustworthy, as they receive commission from click-throughs. It's best to sign up for a monthly plan to start with, so you can try the new host out. If it's not quite as advertised you can move on without losing a lot of money.

I switched over to Hawk Host when time came to move from MSFN, and have been very happy with my choice. :thumbup

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...