RIS will not work with DriverPack integrated using Method 2

Hey I am hoping to find out some detailed info on how to integrate DriverPacks 8.05 into my RIS install. I am using AutoImage 1.9.8 to create the RIS image and the DP's are being placed in the $OEM$\$1\ folder when I create the image. During the RIS setup however I get an error that the CD can not be found. Perhaps I have not done enough reading on this but I can't seem to figure out how or why this is happening. My best guess is I have to make some adjustment to one to the following files (or all). Can someone lend a hand or point me to the right forum topic? I suspect someone has this working and can provide the solution.

PRESETUP.CMD

txtsetup.sif

*.sif file in the templates folder

cmdlines.txt

RunOnceEx.cmd

I am not using RIPREP. I am installing an WinXP with SP3 (FLATFILE) and customizing this so it supports all of my Dell computers. This is the only way to do it. I have a working RIS image already using this configuration but without integrating the DriverPack. Instead I am using the OEMPnPDriversPath in my SIF file to intergrate the drivers. I'd like to use the DPs as this seems more efficient and adds even more hardware support.

Thanks

MSD_GUY

I use Autoimage with Driver packs in method 2 on XP SP3 image.

havnt got ini files hady but i use a custom for cleaning up afterwards. i then only put an entry in my RunOnceEX.cmd to clean up the packs. other than that Autoimage does the rest for me there is no other manual entries in any files.

Edited by chiners_68

Thanks for your reply. I also thought it should just work but in my case it does not. I have tried 3 times and each time the same thing happens. Right before the install goes to the Windows setup screens I get a screen that asks for a CD. At least the failure is consistent so this means my RIS setup environment is stable. Have you (or anyone else) made any changes in your DriverPacks ini or PRESETUP.CMD file to allow for RIS? I think this is where the problem lies I just don't know what needs to be changed. I could post what I am using so we could compare setups if this would be helpful.

MSD_GUY