Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.5

Acheron

Here is an working version of the AutoIt scripts I use to install Daemon Tools Lite silently. Unfortunately it's not possible to avoid installation of the Daemon Tools Toolbar and Search plugins so I remove them afterwards.

ArniWorx is no longer supported.

All install files are copied to the hard disc during setup, as Daemon Tools is installed after logon. At this stage users might have removed the CD from the cd drive.

cmdlines.txt

rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection .\Install\Daemon Tools\install.inf,,1

install.inf

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"

[DefaultInstall]
RunPreSetupCommands = SPTD.Install:1
CopyFiles = DaemonTools.CopySetup
AddReg = Register.AddReg

[SPTD.Install]
;SPTD-driver 1.62
"""%01%\SPTDinst-v162-x86.exe"" add /q"

[DestinationDirs]
;All users application data directory
DaemonTools.CopySetup = 16419,"DAEMON Tools"

[DaemonTools.CopySetup]
"daemon4355-lite.exe"
"install_dtools.au3"

[Register.AddReg]
;Install Daemon Tools after reboot
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\000","DAEMON Tools Lite",0,"autoit3.exe ""%16419%\DAEMON Tools\install_dtools.au3"""
;Start Daemon Tools for all users
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","DAEMON Tools Lite",0x0,"""%16422%\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe"" -autorun"
;User settings
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\DT Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\Config","Automount",0x10001,01,00,00,00
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\DT Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\Config","Autostart",0x10001,01,00,00,00
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\DT Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\Config","CheckForUpdate",0x10001,00,00,00,00
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\DT Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\View","Language",0x10001,"%LANG_ID%"

[Strings]
LANG_ID="1033"

[Strings.0413]
LANG_ID="1043"

install_dtools.au3

#RequireAdmin
#NoTrayIcon

$DTTITLE = "Daemon Tools Lite"
$DTVERSION = "4.35.5"
$INSTALLDIR = @ProgramFilesDir & "\DAEMON Tools Lite"
$EXENAME = "daemon4355-lite.exe"

;Read from registry the default search engine of IE7 or IE8 (to restore it after the installation of DAEMON Tools Lite)
$IEVersion = FileGetVersion(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe")
$IEVersion = StringLeft($IEVersion, 1)
If $IEVersion >= 7 Then
$IEDefaultSearchEngine = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes", "DefaultScope")
If @Error Then
$IEDefaultSearchEngine = "{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}"
EndIf
EndIf

;Launch Daemon Tools setup
RunWait(@ScriptDir & "\" & $EXENAME & " /S")

;Uninstall DAEMON Tools Toolbar
RunWait(@ProgramFilesDir & "\DAEMON Tools Toolbar\uninst.exe /S")
FileDelete($INSTALLDIR & "\DAEMON Tools Toolbar.exe")
DirRemove(@ProgramFilesDir & "\DAEMON Tools Toolbar", 1)

;Delete Firefox toolbar
If FileExists(@AppDataDir & "\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini") Then
$moz_profiledir = IniRead(@AppDataDir & "\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini", "Profile0", "Path", "")
$moz_dttoolbarDir = @AppDataDir & "\Mozilla\Firefox\" & $moz_profiledir & "\extensions\DTToolbar@toolbarnet.com"
If FileExists($moz_dttoolbarDir) Then
FileDelete($moz_dttoolbarDir)
EndIf
;Remove Deamon Tools search plugin
FileDelete(@AppDataDir & "\Mozilla\Firefox\" & $moz_profiledir & "\searchplugins\daemon-search.xml")
EndIf

; Restore the default search engine of IE7 or IE8
If $IEVersion >= 7 Then
RegDelete("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AD22EBAF-0D18-4fc7-90CC-5EA0ABBE9EB8}")
RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes", "DefaultScope", "REG_SZ", $IEDefaultSearchEngine)
EndIf

;Cleanup shortcuts
DirRemove(@ProgramsCommonDir & "\DAEMON Tools Lite", 1)
FileDelete(@DesktopCommonDir & "\DAEMON Tools Lite.lnk")

FileCreateShortcut ($INSTALLDIR & "\DTLite.exe", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\DAEMON Tools Lite.lnk")

;Write uninstall information to registry
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "DisplayName", "REG_SZ", $DTTITLE)
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "DisplayVersion", "REG_SZ", $DTVERSION)
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "DisplayIcon", "REG_SZ",$INSTALLDIR & "\DTLite.exe")
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "Publisher", "REG_SZ", "DT Soft Ltd.")
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "InstallLocation", "REG_SZ", $INSTALLDIR)
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "URLInfoAbout", "REG_SZ", "http://www.daemon-tools.cc")
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "UninstallString", "REG_SZ", $INSTALLDIR & "\uninst.exe")
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\DAEMON Tools Lite", "NoModify", "REG_DWORD", 1)

;Cleanup temp files
$search = FileFindFirstFile(@TempDir & "\*.tmp")
While 1
$file = FileFindNextFile($search)
If @error then ExitLoop
DirRemove(@Tempdir & "\" & $file, 1)
RegDelete("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager", "PendingFileRenameOperations")
WEnd
FileClose($search)

;Remove install files
DirRemove(@AppdataCommonDir & "\DAEMON Tools", 1)
DirRemove(@AppdataDir & "\DAEMON Tools Pro", 1)
DirRemove(@AppdataDir & "\DAEMON Tools", 1)

install.inf

install_dtools.au3

Edited by Acheron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks a lot - this is really smooth :thumbup

I would like to include this in my WPI-DVD, but how could I manage this?

Is it possible to make an SFX like this:

dtlite.jpg

EDIT: hmmm...doesn't seem to work :unsure: Maybe something's wrong with the path ".\install.inf" at the "rundll32.exe"-command?

Best regards

cool400 :ph34r:

Edited by cool400

• 1 month later...

hi thanks, for this script... but sorry i'm a newbie in these things... how do i use it..? :blushing: i mean once i open "compile script to .exe" what do i have to do to select all these 3 scripts? thanks, a lot, any answer will be really appreciate..... i'm a vista user.

Edited by neuropass

• 2 weeks later...

I dont really understand why to use all these scripts and Arniworx. Why not just install daemon tools silently (daemontools.exe /S) , install daemon script + a script silently and add the Mount/unMount option to your right click menu via regtweak?

Edited by ZileXa

Well, I thought this topic was created because there was a need for a new solution, because of some major update of d-tools.

I just install using /S switch. Then I use a simple autoit script to install Daemonscript because I couldn't find a working silent switch.

And finally I run this script (just a text file): DaemonDriveInstall.DaemonScript

Version|1.6.0|2|

DeviceCount|1|

Done!

Just need the regtweaks to add Mount and unMount to your rightclick menu for ISO and other image files and you're done. Don't have them available now. But there should be a topic here wich explains everything in details.

EDIT: Nevermind, just tested with the latest D-tools, installer needs restart so the solution from Acheron is needed.

Edited by ZileXa

Question for Acheron:

I tried to modify my method to get it working with the latest D-tools. I came closer and closer to your solution (because DaemonScript doesn't work anymore and after SPTD is installed you need a reboot to install dtools).

Now I don't really understand the complexity, why all those actions in the inf & au3 scripts?

Why not simply install SPTDinst-x86.exe and awxDTools1060.exe @T13 (using cmdlines or RunOnceEx)... then install DaemonTools.exe and the regtweaks (including the registration of the awxDTools dll) at first GUI boot?

This way you only need an AutoIt script for the Daemontools installer and you can do all other things by simply using your normal methods of installing applications (whatever that may be, cmdlines, batchfile, runonceex, wpi).

And is it really necessary to register the awxDtools dll at first guiboot? can't it be done right after the awxdtools installer is finished?

Edited by ZileXa

• 2 weeks later...
Question for Acheron:

I tried to modify my method to get it working with the latest D-tools. I came closer and closer to your solution (because DaemonScript doesn't work anymore and after SPTD is installed you need a reboot to install dtools).

Now I don't really understand the complexity, why all those actions in the inf & au3 scripts?

Why not simply install SPTDinst-x86.exe and awxDTools1060.exe @T13 (using cmdlines or RunOnceEx)... then install DaemonTools.exe and the regtweaks (including the registration of the awxDTools dll) at first GUI boot?

This way you only need an AutoIt script for the Daemontools installer and you can do all other things by simply using your normal methods of installing applications (whatever that may be, cmdlines, batchfile, runonceex, wpi).

And is it really necessary to register the awxDtools dll at first guiboot? can't it be done right after the awxdtools installer is finished?

awxDtools cannot be registered unless Daemon Tools is running, so I have added a logon script for it. The script is a bit complicated, but now Daemon Tools can be configured for multiple users, and the installer runs from the Hard Drive. You can now safely remove the CD from the drive when Windows tells you setup is completed.

Anyway I have updated the script, since the Daemon Tools Toolbar process name has been changed.

ok thanks...

I was a bit disappointed by all the hassle.. then I found a tool wich might be a good alternative and is much easier to install (just a silent switch).

It's called imdisk virtual disk driver and its discussed here.

After installation, you can right click image files to mount them to a (till then non-existing) virtual CD/DVD drive. But it also has the option to mount as virtual harddrive and even use the RAM memory for the virtual drive instead of harddisk space. Wich means very high reading/transfer speed.

I haven't tested the silent installation yet, but it might be a nice alternative.There is no need for it to run in the background if you don't mount anything and I like that.