Weird Notepad errors

Th3_uN1Qu3

Sometimes, out of the blue, Notepad will complain that "there is not enough memory to complete this operation" when i try to type something in an existing text file. I know i have a load of free memory as i can open my browser and a game on top of that, but Notepad still says it doesn't have enough memory until i restart it, then it works fine.

Anyone else getting this? Edit: It's doing it now every couple words... Well, SciTE ftw. :D

Edited by Th3_uN1Qu3

Why don't you use a notepad alternative (metapad, the Gun, newpad, notehalf etc)?

Using the original notepad today is like using Paint version 1995... :D

Because i never ever needed Notepad for anything else than basic text editing... Something Notepad can usually do. However SciTE will do me good, it's my code editor of choice so it might as well become my default text editor too. :)

As about Paint, little has changed in it during the years. It's just that the XP version supports JPG and PNG and they redesigned it a bit in Vista... And i think the Vista one looks ugiler than the old design. :lol:

Edited by Th3_uN1Qu3

Weird. I would have said that it's the maximum file size limit you're reaching, but if it's every couple words...

It was a pretty big file and i did indeed reach Notepad's limit later on, but till then it kept saying "out of memory" every couple words. Anyway, i'm using SciTE now with no issues. ;)

The advantage of notepad alternatives is that they are as simple as notepad. They don't come with thousands of menus and setting like program editors do. And open instantly.

SciTE opens instantly too, and all the menus don't bother me since i know i can instantly edit code with it if i need to. ;)