change setup screen

hey there, I edited the following files to change the setup screens:

@boot.wim - wimpe.bmp

@install.wim - all msoobe.jpg I found;

spwizimg.dll

I also tried to edit spwizimg.dll from boot.wim, but Resource Tuner or Reshack couldn't open it ("This file has no resource")

The problem is that only the first setup screen changed properly, the second one was exactly the same.

Which other file must I edit and how to open spwizimg.dll at boot.wim #2 ?

tks

If you mount 'boot.wim' in sources folder there's 'spwizimg.dll' which has definately resources you can change.

For your second part of setup you have to edit 'spwizimg.dll' in the root of your vista dvd in support\migwiz

Actually you can also delete the 'support' folder on your vistadvd (I always do), so you just have to edit

'spwizimg.dll' in boot.wim and install.wim

Hope this helps Orsi.

Greetz, DJPro

tks, but when I open spwizimg.dll (from boot.wim) with Resource Tuner, I receive a message box saying

"Warning! Virtua Size of one or more sections equals to zero. PE Explorer requires this fix be made in order for subsequent operation on the file to proceed normally. Update this value to the actual physical size? (Recommended)"

if I click Yes, I receive

"This file has no resources.

To continue working with this file requires a more powerful tool, such as PE Explorer.

(...)"

the same message appears in spwizimg.dll from any other folder, except from Windows folder in a mount install.wim

Am I doing something wrong?

doh!

You're right, I was trying to open a x64 file with a x86 editor. I just got Resource Tuner Console, but have no idea how to use...

any tip? :)

tks again and again and again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
doh!

You're right, I was trying to open a x64 file with a x86 editor. I just got Resource Tuner Console, but have no idea how to use...

any tip? :)

tks again and again and again

where did you find resource tuner console???? i can't find it...