Team of Developers for XPize & Vize continuation

Happy-Dude

ok, i am almost there...

just one more question, and its the biggest one for me...

that means that only i will alter , or upgrade my pack?

if so, i am in, if not, then forget about it, no hard feelings.

Damian666

That's the very definition of "Unadulterated". It's your intellectual property, not ours. We'd just be distributing it under the agreement we don't modify it.

So, might I say that you're in, Damian666? If so, join our CodePlex group (create an account and tell us your name so we can get you in). Remember, you can always pull out and get your stuff out of the program if you want to.

yeah well, just checking, language barrier :D

i didnt get that word all that well.

well, if you would like to have me, after all the above fighting we did... i am available.

but no more holy war thingys man. :P

Damian666

Awesome, Damian666 !!

If you would like in now, and if you would like to see our current progress, please join CodePlex. http://www.codeplex.com/

Make yourself an account, tell us what it is, and we'll invite you into the project peoples. There, you can check out our progress and such. Mostly, I've been compiling bug reports, W3bbo's been organizing the new website and gathering old source codes from XPero, and we've been talking about the new architecture.

I don't believe that we've started the actual coding or making the new program yet, but we're organizing it and gathering info. So, in the coming weeks and months, we'll have a whole ton of things happening and such.

Hey, you're from The Netherlands, correct? People speak Dutch there as the native language, correct? Let me use Google Translator to translate the above message, hopefully crossing the language barrier a bit :) --

[Translated]

Awesome, Damian666!

Als u wilt dat u nu, en als u zou graag zien dat onze huidige vooruitgang, meld u dan CodePlex. http://www.codeplex.com/

Maak zelf een rekening, ons vertellen wat het is, en we nodigen u uit in het project volkeren. Daar kunt u op onze vooruitgang en dergelijke. Meestal heb ik het samenstellen van bug reports, W3bbo's is het organiseren van de nieuwe website en het verzamelen van oude broncodes van XPero, en we hebben het gehad over de nieuwe architectuur.

Ik geloof niet dat we begonnen met de daadwerkelijke code of het maken van het nieuwe programma nog niet, maar we organiseren en het verzamelen van informatie. Dus, in de komende weken en maanden, we hebben een hele hoop dingen gebeuren en dergelijke.

Hey, u bent van Nederland, juist? Laat ik gebruik maken van Google Translator aan het vertalen van de bovenstaande bericht, hopelijk overschrijding van de taalbarrière een beetje:) --

EDIT--

Crap !! I've just looked over the thread and I realized some questions were answered ...

From Zoom7000--

Also, I personally think it would be a good idea to try to get either peyronnx or zedox on the project because they have already worked on their own versions and their experience would be of great benefit.

From ricktendo64--

Wouldn't it be possible to have Vize detect if Restorator or some other resource editor is installed and then use those for x64 resource editing?

From doomangel--

all right, here's the first question. is it possible to use relative paths instead of absolute in vize? also there must be something wrong with the spacing in vize, just like ricktendo64 has mentiond about sidebar.exe it looks that the same problem exist with c:\program files\internet explerer\iexplore.exe for example.

Any ideas?

Does anyone know the status of these questions ... ? W3bbo, XPero? I can't really answer them ... Anyone?

NOTE: If there is any language barrier for people, please make note of it; I realize a lot of users aren't natively English speaking. Please make note of it and I'll try to make the barrier easier to cross :) !!

Edited by Happy-Dude

trust me man, its not that i dont speak english very well, honestly i think i do...

but that 1 word, i really didnt get :D

so just speak english, thats much better, for you, and for me :)

and just to get in on it right away,...

all right, here's the first question. is it possible to use relative paths instead of absolute in vize? also there must be something wrong with the spacing in vize, just like ricktendo64 has mentiond about sidebar.exe it looks that the same problem exist with c:\program files\internet explerer\iexplore.exe for example.

Any ideas?

if that doesnt work, you can always do what i do, check for certain files in preset places, and set that in a file, thats how i do it, so only if a file is found, its recorded in a inifile with the filename and location.

Thats not really relative, but it is tailored to the users system, which results in the same effect.

file is always found :D

Wouldn't it be possible to have Vize detect if Restorator or some other resource editor is installed and then use those for x64 resource editing?

yes this is possible, but please note that restorator has problems with fileversions if you try to use the respatchers or cmdline, i dont know if this is fixed in later versions, but i tried it once too, and really wasnt satisfied to say at least.

there, just my two cents :D

damian666

p.s. i am not bad with autoit, so if you want to have small support programs, i can help you out there.

Edited by damian666

@damian666:

I dont have any problems with you mate. If my pevious post was harsh, I apologize.

I just thought that it would be kind of you to share your work as I did with mine, because that helped you a lot in getting started. But as you said, you dont have the obligation to do so if your pack isnt based on XPize source anymore. It was just my expectation. My fault.

The most important thing for me right now is to see a much better XPize thanks to the efforts of developers and designers with more strength and motivation that I currently have.

I am glad you guys decided to separate the program from the resources, this will take the burden off the programmers and focus it right where it needs to be...on the program

BTW I do have a handful of resources that Vize does not patch that I use for myself (IDK if this will be helpful)

http://www.qcom3.com/wincert02/Vize.7z

And yes if XPize.net comes out with support for icon packs I might make a Vista icon one, already done it before

OH and plz add Vize support for .SCR (screensaver) files

Edit: What ever you do ppl dont edit user32.dll (system will not boot) or setupapi.dll (breaks windows sound) on Vista ;)

Edited by ricktendo64

nah, its well XPero, we were both a bit out of line here, lets just forget it ok? :)

i can help you guys with my resources, i have a lot of them so :D

we just have to change them to make them more fitting to the xpize stuff.

not that it is diferent, because i have kept the way resources are stored the same as in your source.

if it works, why change it right?

so, we will see what happens man, keep cool

Damian666

Well, in my ears this sounds what i have been thinking about.

XPize is all about getting the old fashioned classic look that's coming from earlier windows editions out of Windows XP and replace it with the real XP-stuff. When XP is XP, XP should look like an XP.

Vize is all about the same thing, but just on Vista. Old look coming from earlier editions of Windows, should be replaced by the real Vista.

When Vista is Vista, Vista should look like a Vista.

Vistapack is the pack to get the (latest windows) Vista style on 2000/XP, which CAN be an addon for XPize.

But that's the question if you guys want it to be so?

And hey, these three pack's (XPize, Vize and Vistapack) is in the same family, what about getting it on the same page?

I mean, you don't have to use different websites for each of these applications when it is in the same family?

What about checking the Official nLite website and see how they have done it with vLite, up in the right corner, and the other way back to nLite?

They are in family :)

But there they use different websites, something that is un-necessesary.

I was thinking about ONE new website, which could be the family-name of these three projects, and three pages where XPize, Vize and Vistapack was included on the same website. Is it possible to do so? :)

I know my English is bad, but anyway, someone who get's my point?

Edited by prebenandre

i agree, BUT... please note that some , me for example, make themself a little bit of money with adsense on their site.

that would fall away if all went to one page, which i dont like for obvious reasons, i dont mind if my XPize pack is going there, but not the separate one, please no :D

But getting it all in 1 place what XPize packs concerns, hell yeah :P

Damian666

The family is XPize & Vize. Other packs (not talking about addons) should have their own websites. I still think that both XPize and Vize should have their own exclusive websites, but as prebeandre said, with a link to their respective counterparts.

I think XPize and Vize should follow the nLite/vLite architecture on their websites, with addons included.

So Damian666 can make a little *Vistapack-addon* (If he wants to?) for XPize.

But after all this mess, i think XPize and Vize should be re-released, from the ground level (Starting with version 1.0 again), or is it un-necessary?