Team of Developers for XPize & Vize continuation

Happy-Dude

well... the vistapack is certainly been based on the XPize source in the past.

But because of the hard maintainability of the first source files, i migrated to a self made patcher system.

so no, i dont think i will include the vistapack in the new upcoming XPize project, sorry.

ofcourse it would be ideal if i could get you guys to drop the vista idea, but hee... its a free world :)

i just wanted to say that that name is taken.

Good luck with your projects.

Damian666

We're sticking with "Vize" since it's already got good brand recognition and comes up #1 in Google anyway.

@ Happy-Dude:

A Vista pack addon for XPize can be made easily and nobody has copyright on that. Anyway, damian666's Vista Pack source code should be available for all since it is based (at least the first versions) on XPize source. That way we could take resources for the XPize addon and give credit to him. That's the whole idea when I made XPize source code available. And derived works should follow the same idea.

i was just talking about the name man.

and ok, maybe my first versions were based on your installer, but it is not anymore, thus i made it closed source.

period.

but sticking with vize, thats ok with me :D

Damian666

@XPero, there is nobody that can force me too share my resources man.

now if you asked nice, i would consider it, but trying to decide what you can do with my stuff? :(

not nice man, i thought better of you man.

damian666

at first i was joking, but now i really want to let you guys know that the name vista pack, is taken...

i dont mind getting a bit competition, but let not use that name ok?

i was first with that name, so its sort of copyrighted by me :D

Damian666

wow, are you planing on selling your software? cause this is the world of free/open/non profit software and if you wanna play this way then copyright your name and your code, if you don't just build a vista pack addon for xpize and help us out.

no one was intented to "steal" your name

yeah, i agree with ricktendo, be my guest and get them from vista.

and no, i am not planning on selling my software, i just want to keep it clean with you guys.

i hate if we would get mixed up and stuff so.

thats all guys, no need to get offended because i let my view on things see here...

Damian666

p.s. i didnt use the word "steal" anywhere man...

Edited by damian666

Guys, guys, it's fine.

Calm down, don't start a "holy war" (so to speak) about this. It's fine, we'll just need to find other who are willing to contribute.

Damian666, if you change your mind, be sure to let us know :) . As of now, we'll have to find others. Don't worry, it's fine. The project can continue without it.

@doomangel: so your on the project team now, have you checked CodePlex and the project? Login and right under your name and the logout, look for Projects (and you'll see our code name for the next XPize/ Vize, not public yet.).

The new website should be up soon. Stay tuned !!

Guys, guys, it's fine.

Calm down, don't start a "holy war" (so to speak) about this. It's fine, we'll just need to find other who are willing to contribute.

Damian666, if you change your mind, be sure to let us know :) . As of now, we'll have to find others. Don't worry, it's fine. The project can continue without it.

@doomangel: so your on the project team now, have you checked CodePlex and the project? Login and right under your name and the logout, look for Projects (and you'll see our code name for the next XPize/ Vize, not public yet.).

The new website should be up soon. Stay tuned !!

yeah, i checked, thanx for the add pal.

@happy dude

well, what my concern is, what will happen too the respective owners packs?

because you know... i love making my pack, and what will happen with it if i integrate it in the XPize project?

will it still continue?, or will it just cease to exist?

please note that i dont mind the competition, hell... we all know there are a lot of vista style shellpacks out there.

but its different if binding it in a bigger project, thats what troubles me about this.

so give me a anwser i can live with, and i will help you guys with a headstart on the resources... :)

and no, lets not begin a holy war, very well said.

Damian666

@happy dude

well, what my concern is, what will happen too the respective owners packs?

because you know... i love making my pack, and what will happen with it if i integrate it in the XPize project?

will it still continue?, or will it just cease to exist?

We will be managing a third-party pack system where people can submit packs of their own and download them separately of XPize from the same website.

Packs which we determine are of high enough quality will be invited to be part of the official releases. At no point will anyone have to surrender any rights for their works. Full attribution will be given.

which means at first they will stay intact?

just a download mirror and publicity?

damian666

Intact. Always intact. Unadulterated.

As I said, no-ones rights will be infringed.

If enough people ask for it, maybe I'll include support for digital signatures so people know they haven't been altered.

Edited by W3bbo

ok, i am almost there...

just one more question, and its the biggest one for me...

that means that only i will alter , or upgrade my pack?

if so, i am in, if not, then forget about it, no hard feelings.

Damian666

ok, i am almost there...

just one more question, and its the biggest one for me...

that means that only i will alter , or upgrade my pack?

if so, i am in, if not, then forget about it, no hard feelings.

Damian666

That's the very definition of "Unadulterated". It's your intellectual property, not ours. We'd just be distributing it under the agreement we don't modify it.