Team of Developers for XPize & Vize continuation

Happy-Dude

Wouldn't it be possible to have Vize detect if Restorator or some other resource editor is installed and then use those for x64 resource editing?

OH and why not separate the program from the resources, have like difrent IconPacks to choose from

Edited by ricktendo64

As greed with W3bbo, my roles will be the following (Taking into account my available time):

- Host and publish the new versions in the official XPize / Vize pages. I still have hundreds of visits everyday, so it would be a bad idea to start over with a different site.

- Kind of "advicer" of the project to help make decisions, solve doubts about the codebase and to try that XPize doesnt become a different thing.

Long Zheng IM'd me earlier today, he said he's interested in doing a quick interview about the new XPize project. I told him to email me the questions so we can all answer them rather than me speaking for the group.

I'm waiting for HappyDude to be on messenger some time so we can talk this through.

...and conversation logs are available on request.

i'm in, i can contribute in many ways. i will release a version for my project sometime soon and after that i'm ready for vize/xpize.

a matter that needs attention is the status of the release license. should it released under the gnu(any version)?

i'm in, i can contribute in many ways. i will release a version for my project sometime soon and after that i'm ready for vize/xpize.

a matter that needs attention is the status of the release license. should it released under the gnu(any version)?

Me, W3bbo, and XPero are working on the licensing right now. Dunno which one it is, but it is mostly up to XPero to decide (since he's the original author and he's hosting it). Also, we are getting along with working on CodePlex (yesterday they had server problems, so we were delayed a little).

It's hard to communicate with W3bbo since we are in different time zones, and I have work for 4 days in the week. I am free for the majority of Friday, and all of Saturday, Sunday, & Monday.

Alright guys, just a little update. Stay tuned :) !! We're adding more contributors once everything is sorted out first. We need to get ourselves stable and organized. (It's coming along just fine :) .)

all right, here's the first question. is it possible to use relative paths instead of absolute in vize? also there must be something wrong with the spacing in vize, just like ricktendo64 has mentiond about sidebar.exe it looks that the same problem exist with c:\program files\internet explerer\iexplore.exe for example.

Any ideas?

OH and why not separate the program from the resources, have like difrent IconPacks to choose from

that would be nice and it is an easy thing to be done. Like you did with your extra resources only the filelist.xml and the \resources folder are needed. Someone could create a nsis installer and just install those files inside the vize/xpize's folder.

I'm curious to see what happens with XPero, Happy-Dude and W3bbo and how it will be organized.

that would be nice and it is an easy thing to be done. Like you did with your extra resources only the filelist.xml and the \resources folder are needed. Someone could create a nsis installer and just install those files inside the vize/xpize's folder.

I'm curious to see what happens with XPero, Happy-Dude and W3bbo and how it will be organized.

Yeah, that's definitely a good idea. I had plans for that in the past. Kind of downloadable themes or packs. We could have Vista pack, XP pack, Tango pack, etc...

BUT, the problem is that XPize is not that, so I think that should be another project. For now, it would be great to get the new XPize working, with its original features. Then, we can think of extra features IMO.

Cheers

UPDATE:

W3bbo just informed me about his new extensible architecture (July 27). Basically, the idea is something that let's the user to choose which themes he/ she wants, and XPize will replace the resources with that package. Later on, if the person wants to switch, he/ she can launch XPize and choose another theme.

That means there is a possibility of XPize Darkside and Vista pack to be in one package !! (But first, we need to contact the developers about this and how they feel and such.) Course, there will be a *Lite* function, giving the user mostly Visual Consistency over the extras.

The new XPize website should be up soon. Look for it :) !!

Also, please take note that we are working on the XPize code first. Afterwards, XPize should mature and Vize will come, and should be just as good (since experiences and problems from XPize should also exist for Vize; they are developed with similar codes, and the bugs should be corrected in both).

Look for a preliminary release the coming months.

So, what's up guys ;) ?

at first i was joking, but now i really want to let you guys know that the name vista pack, is taken...

i dont mind getting a bit competition, but let not use that name ok?

i was first with that name, so its sort of copyrighted by me :D

Damian666

at first i was joking, but now i really want to let you guys know that the name vista pack, is taken...

i dont mind getting a bit competition, but let not use that name ok?

i was first with that name, so its sort of copyrighted by me :D

Damian666

No, no, Damian666, I think you misinterpreted me. What I meant was that there is the possibility of contacting the respective developers/ authors of their packs and having their permission to incorporate it into the new XPize installer. That way, we can give users the choice to switch themes on demand.

So, with the authors permission, we can incorporate packages based on the XPize/ Vize code onto our new code (like XPize Darkside, for example).

If your Vista Pack is based on the XPize installer system, might I ask you (Damian666) if you're interested in incorporating it to the project? If not, I will be sure to double check the copyrights of the things we do incorporate :) !!

Edited by Happy-Dude

well... the vistapack is certainly been based on the XPize source in the past.

But because of the hard maintainability of the first source files, i migrated to a self made patcher system.

so no, i dont think i will include the vistapack in the new upcoming XPize project, sorry.

ofcourse it would be ideal if i could get you guys to drop the vista idea, but hee... its a free world :)

i just wanted to say that that name is taken.

Good luck with your projects.

Damian666