Half open connections patch not working?

FuttBuck

Is it just me or is it broken? I set it to 50 in nLite and am getting yellow exclamation mark in systray plus there are several warnings regarding this in eventlog.

There's standalone patcher floating around the internet that reports the number to be 10... so? what gives?

I think you need to change your forum login name.

I don't really understand what option, tweak or patch you are using. Is it the "Maximum unfinished simultaneous connections[TCP/IP patch]"? I use a free program called TCPOptimizer to set this parameter and set my Receive Window size. I have the connection count set to 10 and have seen warning messages in my System Log concerning excessive connections but never Systray warnings. Please post a screen shot of one of your messages.

John

There is only one such tweak in nLite. That is what I'm talking about. Not sure what you don't understand...

I had some warnings in system log about too many connections (cannot provide a screen anymore plus it would be in czech anyway). After downloading a standalone patcher for this it reported the limit to be 10, which is default - yet I setr nLite to change it to 50.

Are we connecting?

Perhaps in Czech, it says 'half open connections' but not in English. Try running nLite in English (since you do well in English here) and see what I don't understand. I think the patch is working, I just suspect that 50 is too large. I got warnings on 10. I suggest you do some research on how many connections are supported and even perhaps limits that your ISP my impose.

John

johnhc, no offense but I think you don't have any idea what are you talking about.

The guy is asking about Maximum unfinished simultaneous connections[TCP/IP patch] as you already mention, and for your information also known as half open connections. Also, ISP can not affect on this in anyway.

I just suspect that 50 is too large

:huh:

This is way normal if you want normal connection. If you download torrents I would put even bigger value. Currently I'm using 16777215 value and I don't have any problems.

Now, recently Microsoft released new hotfix, which updates version of file which is patched with new value. Before this hotfix I did not have any problems with nLite, it patched file perfectly. For this new hotfix if it is integrated I can't tell if the patch is working, since I have not tested it yet.

Cheers ;)

mara-,

You are right, but I learned something.

I assume (now) half open connections are not the same as MaxConnectionsPerServer in TCPOtimizer. This is for Internet Explorer and helps surfing. So I was really off base. There was an earlier post about this patch and nuhi responded that it did work.

Thanks, John.

mara-,

You are right, but I learned something.

I assume (now) half open connections are not the same as MaxConnectionsPerServer in TCPOtimizer. This is for Internet Explorer and helps surfing. So I was really off base. There was an earlier post about this patch and nuhi responded that it did work.

Thanks, John.

That's right, it's not the same.

Cheers ;)

johnhc, no offense but I think you don't have any idea what are you talking about.

The guy is asking about Maximum unfinished simultaneous connections[TCP/IP patch] as you already mention, and for your information also known as half open connections. Also, ISP can not affect on this in anyway.

I just suspect that 50 is too large

:huh:

This is way normal if you want normal connection. If you download torrents I would put even bigger value. Currently I'm using 16777215 value and I don't have any problems.

Now, recently Microsoft released new hotfix, which updates version of file which is patched with new value. Before this hotfix I did not have any problems with nLite, it patched file perfectly. For this new hotfix if it is integrated I can't tell if the patch is working, since I have not tested it yet.

Cheers ;)

Oh, so it might be something I downloaded from Windows Update? :) I always either integrate known hotfixes or just open WU after installing.

mara-,

I did some research and found that the errors logged in the System Log are 4226 IDs. I looked in my system log and found several of these. I think they started about the time I set my count up to 10 via TCPOptimizer. I suspect the nLite patch is to increase the limit to permit more connections before Windows starts complaining. Interestingly, my 4226 IDs stopped at the end of April this year.

John