Second Life

bikerbrom

well, I found some time to download the installer, and try.

It installed, but gave me a warning message about possible system crashes and data loss.

So tried to I run SL anyway........and instantly got a message:

'A requested DLL file, PSAPI.DLL was not found'.

And when I clicked 'OK' to acknowledge the message, I was back at the desktop again.

I'm running win98se that has been updated with the 'win98 Autopatcher' [fantastic, well worth doing]

Oh, and you need to know that I'm not a programmer, I'm just an average win98 user who can run nicely packaged installers and make straightforward configuration changes, and write simple HTML [LOL].

Edited by bikerbrom

It won't work with KernelEx 0.3.5, because there are not all things implemented in PSAPI.DLL

However, here's PSAPI.DLL with that stub:

http://tihiy.ahanix.org/psapi.zip

Try it alongside with latest KernelEx.

cheers, that was my next question. I will try it sometime in the coming week, I wanted to try KernelEx anyway.

BTW, as an average user I am really grateful for all of these win98 enhancements.................but, you know, I always want more....just a character flaw of mine........lol.

• 3 months later...
It won't work with KernelEx 0.3.5, because there are not all things implemented in PSAPI.DLL

However, here's PSAPI.DLL with that stub:

http://tihiy.ahanix.org/psapi.zip

Try it alongside with latest KernelEx.

Hi Tihiy,

I did exactly as you said:

IT WORKED!

I maybe slightly misunderstood what you said maybe, and used your version of PSAPI.DLL in place of the one in kernelEx and well as in the SecondLife folder? Anyway, it all worked just fine

-thank you very much!

Mmm, it's outdated info now. KernelEx 0.3.6 (and psapi.dll from it in \windows\system) is all that you need.

So it works fine? Nice to hear.

Edited by Tihiy