Resignation

XPero

Hi all,

I'm not very good at speeches, so I will try to keep this simple.

Since I got my job last year, I've become a busy person with little or no time for continue developing my 2 main heavy projects: Vize and XPize.

Also, I must admit that with time, I have been losing interest and strenght in both projects and they're now a tough task for me. That means that the fun is gone for me developing Vize and XPize and they have become a "job". That said, I think that when you no longer enjoy doing that akind of stuff, you should stop. So that's what I am doing right now.

I will make available all the source code of both projects, so other people can create similar packs (there are already users doing so).

I would like to give BIG THANK YOUS to all of you MSFN guys that helped me a lot in making the XPize and Vize projects a reality, specialy Martin_L and xper.

I would like to give a BIG THANK YOUS to all XPize and Vize users.

I think that's all, so thank you very much again

Vize and XPize source

EDIT: The project will be continued by a group of people (Read sticky post)

Edited by XPero

Sorry to hear that XPero. But, yes, thank you for all your hard work and for making the experience of using Windows XP a lot more aesthetically pleasing and thank you for releasing the source code. I'm sure someone else will be able to carry on the already great project.

Good luck for the future! :thumbup

Zoom7000

Well, thanks for everything, XPero !! It's very saddening to see such a great developer to resign from such a grand and ambitious project.

I was really looking forward to see you release XPize 4.7/4.8 or XPize.NET .

Well, best of luck :thumbup !! XPize (& Vize) will be forever in the hearts of many, many MSFN users and others :) !!

Edited by Happy-Dude

Completely understand your situation!

It's a right time for you to put them down as everyone has his/her right to choose their will. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks a lot for your long-term contribution. You know, XPize really makes my Windows XP more and more perfect and funny!!

Please accept my sincere appreciation on your works. Even I am using Windows XP featuring XPize 4.6, I am looking forward to seeing the visual effects when I use Windows Vista one day featuring Vize. :thumbup

Hopefully, you may find yourself a new enthusiastic target on computer programming.

Wish you a bright future on your job. See ya. :hello:

:no:

It is a grief that you leave project.

And it remains to congratulate you for all the effort that you did throughout this time.

Thanks Xpero!!! :thumbup

::::::::SPANISH:::::::::

es una pena que dejes el proyecto.

y queda felicitarte por todo el esfuerzo que hiciste durante todo este tiempo.

Gracias Xpero!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Okay, i'll continue this thing, but it'll tke a year at least for xpize 4.8. i like this thing too much.

which cms does the xpize site use?

Heya bgatmsfn. If you would like to, you can join the XPize/ Vize project continuation, which is getting together quiet nicely. Check out http://www.msfn.org/board/Team-of-Develope...nt-t120634.html for more information. If you're joining, it'll help a lot. Just remember to post on the topic and pick a position and if its something like designing/ coding/ etc., give a little of qualifications.

All those who have been happy with XPero's XPize/ Vize is sad to see XPero depart from it. But, the community is here to continue it. I'm hoping that we can bring the programs to full light :) !!

Hey XPero, I've been in your shoes before. It's always good to take a break, but don't be shocked if you eventually start getting the itch to work on it again :)

Edited by RyanVM

Hey XPero I am sorta happy to read this news :P I think its the right thing to do: you want to move on to bigger and more interesting projects and at the same time you dont want the older projects to stale. I think announcing this is the best thing you can do for yourself and for XPize/Vize and you released the source which gives us no excuse to make it even better! cheers :thumbup

Bueno tio.. te agradezco. todo tu trabajo. sin tus packs . yo nunca hubiera aprendido los archivos que debia modificar y unas cuantas cosas mas sobre MOD . Res ... la pena es que siendo de malaga y yo de barcelona Nunca hayamos coincidido en hacer nigun proyecto o conocernos pero bueno.. sin mas... te agradezco todo el curro que te pegaste,,, en xpize y en vize que .. siempre e Usado..

Saludos desde Barna!

Good uncle. I am thankful to you. all your work. without your packs. I never would have learned the archives that debia to modify and a few things but on MOD. Head of cattle… the pain is that being of Malaga and I of Barcelona Never have agreed in doing nigun project or knowing us but good. without but… I thank for all to you curro that you stuck, in xpize and vize that. and always Used. Greetings from Barcelona!

:thumbup:hello:

Just to remind everyone that whilst XPero has "resigned", the project hasn't been discontinued. XPero needs to update the website to reflect the new change in management.