Nlite functions should be in Vlite too

john959

hello

in Nlite i can combine the drivers into a single .cab to speed installations also reduce comperssion to make the unpacking faster and i can disable SFC which speed windows during installations .. why no such functions in Vlite?

that's all and thank you for this wonderful program

best of lucks

peace :ph34r:

why no such functions in Vlite?

I might be wrong here as I'm guessing what either app truly does (I don't use either nlite or vlite). But the Vista installer is completely different. Files are already compressed in a WIM image, so likely the drivers are just added to the right location, and then the new WIM file is saved (there wouldn't be a point to compress the drivers, to only them compress them again in the drive image).

John959

Vista is completely different compare to xp, modifying vista installation is far more difficult than xp. Vista was released just over a year ago, and it will take some time to put in such features in vlite that are curently present in nlite. Just be patient and soon we shall see such features in vlite's future release.

hello

in Nlite i can combine the drivers into a single .cab to speed installations also reduce comperssion to make the unpacking faster and i can disable SFC which speed windows during installations .. why no such functions in Vlite?

that's all and thank you for this wonderful program

best of lucks

peace :ph34r:

1) CABs are no longer used for driver storage. It's faster to install drivers from a uncompressed file repository

2) What you call "windows installation" is actually a straightforward wim decompression onto a target partition, followed by the last stage of a sysprep (mini-setup). Its only real bottleneck is the linear read speed of the medium containing the WIM.

2) Reducing compression would actually increase install time in some conditions. A larger WIM would take more time to read from a DVD.