Vista still rejects my XP key

RockOn

Well, this is like the second times i encountered this. The first one was on 1.4.5 when it was supported to be fixed. I was running windows vista premium sp1 x86 as a host customizing windows xp home SP2. That time it didn't bothered me much since I had windows xp running. Yesterday, I uninstalled nlite version 1.4.5 completely on my vista and installed the 1.4.7 version and it still rejected my keys. Yes, the cd i was windows xp home with SP2 already integrated. Another weird thing is that i didn't allow me to put my keys later either: when I click NO to have the key in later it doesn't go to the next screen but stay at the same one. Note: I did the same thing on XP when I still had it and it worked perfectly with my keys.

Edited by RockOn

Ermmm...

I think you are going to have to explain a little more clearly before

any of us can help you.

Where are you trying to input your XP product key? nLite Unattended

settings dialog? XP install? Something weird and wonderful?

I have the same problem. I installed nlite 1.4.7 and then I opened it and selected a directory with xp with sp2. I chose that I want to slipstream sp3 into it and that I want to make it unattended. It says it slipstreams sp3 successfully. Then I fill out the product key on the unattended page and a few other options. I apply the changes to the directory and then build the ISO. When I then use the ISO the installation stops and says "Invalid Product ID" and no matter what key I type in, it won't work. I know this problem was supposed to be fixed in this version but I think the bug might be lingering. Is there any debug info that anyone could suggest I post here to help get this resolved? Thanks!

Edited by kevk

im gonna bump this... my XP Pro key doesn't work anymore either... and when i click on the "no" option during setup to enter it later it doesn't go past that screen and stays their... (like others when i do a regular install of XP with NO nlite the key works and activates just fine...)

thx

Edited by kane3162

If you build a CD using two different systems (keys), i.e.: the installed system, where nlite's running, isn't the same of the source, different keys, that will be nlited, and you're integrating a service pack, the key will change, it will be the same of the installed system. Sorry, was the best way I'd explain it, English isn't my native idiom.

lol...

no i used my laptop that im working on and a VM to test this... when i make an nlited CD... the cdkey is invalid... additionally i cannot skip past this to enter the key later...

as for the source... it installs fine with the cdkey... the un-nlited disk is the source that was used for the nlite'ed disk... so thats not a factor here...

Edited by kane3162

I've encountered this problem as well but assumed it was something I had done wrong as I built the XP Pro install disc on a W2k system. I haven't had the time to explore the issue any further but I shall try to get to it this weekend and let you know what I find.

EDIT: I've just found the following post which may or may not be the same issue - http://www.msfn.org/board/Basic-unattended...ue-t120684.html

Edited by Phoneywar