KernelEx App Compatibility Database

Are you able to install flash player 10,1,53,64 on KernelEx 4.0 Final 2? I got into invalid page fault by running INSTALL_FLASH_PLAYER:

You haven't seen message from Xeno86?

New version won't be released at least until next month because I'm *very* busy right now and have no time for KernelEx.

Next version will include the following changes:

* fixed GTA: San Andreas crash

* working latest Flash Player Plugin 10.1

* platform version check and resource limit check re-enabled when KernelEx extensions are disabled

* fixed compatibility problem with VDub reported by xrayer

* ... more to come ...

You haven't seen message from Xeno86?

Yes, I did see this message, which refers to Flash Player Plugin 10.1. I did not realize that it is the same as not able to run the Install exe.

Rainy, are you entering into invalid page fault even for running it?

Edited by oc_dt

Rainy, are you entering into invalid page fault even for running it?

No, I haven't such problem - as I presume, it could be something wrong with your sysytem (but you must remember, that I'm using KernelEx 4.5 Beta 2).

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried Chrome with KernelEx 4.0 Final but it doesn't work (I haven't tried Safari).

Chrome and Safari never works under Win9x, rainyd (with and/or without KernelEx). These webkit based browsers require native XP/Vista/Win7 OSes. heck, Chrome & Safari don't work on a "plain" Win2000 system, though blackwingcat seems to find a way to workaround that on his win2k machine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i`m using Firefox 3.5.11, and Adobe Flash Player 9 in Windows 98SE with KernelEX 4.5 Beta 2 , FF is running fine (better than IE6, at least). but, Flash Player do not seems to work in youtube, it loads, and it keeps in black screen or crashes firefox. My processor is sucks, it is a Cyrix MII 6x86-333 250Mhz. same thing with Flash Player 10.1. anyway to make youtube works on it?

also, how i install FF3.6.x with kernelEX and keeping it stable? always it freezes my system :(

Edited by pichorra

• 2 months later...

Opera new release! 10.63 running fine here :thumbup

I have KernelEx 4.5 RC 4 installed,

but maybe run even without it :D

EDIT after a few tests: Very good build.

Faster to launch, faster to open pages ...and stable.

The bug of the startbar that was not displaying icons is gone! :yes:

Edited by CharlesF

Recent version of LeaderTask personal organizer from giveawayoftheday worked for me.

PC-Wizard 2010.1.95 worked partially. Some info cannot be retrieved (like temperatures), some details cause system to hang up, but most of the stuff were detected and displayed correctly. Without KernelEx PC-Wizard fails to start.

FREE SOFTWARE

AM-Deadlinks 3.3 (http://files.youdownload.com/AM-DeadLink-3-3-download-a28472e722.htm)

Audacity 1.3.12-beta

Eraser 5.8.2 revision 3

FileZilla 2.2.22

Firefox 3.6.10

GIMP 2.2.12

PDF-XChange 2.0 (Build 42.9)

SyncBack v3.2.21.0

VLC 1.1.4

Acrobat Reader 7.0.9 (search topic for instructions)

COMMERICAL SOFTWARE

Textaloud 2.303

WP X3

NOT WORKING

AM-Deadline 4.3

Eraser 5.8.7, 5.8.8 and later (5.8.6 might or might not work, but was recalled for instability)

Edited by cure

A thread in a forum offers very poor functionality as a database. Two possibilities occur to me: a Wikipedia page on Kernelex with a compatibility section or a Google Docs spreadsheet. Either would be editable by any of us as we have more up-to-date information. Thoughts? Other or better solutions?

• 1 month later...

New version Opera 11 Final released today! :D

Running fine for now with KernelEx installed :thumbup but needs to set compatibility to 'Windows 2000 SP4'.

Opera 11.00 for Windows changelog: there is many new features and improvements.

Download.

If you don't want to install it, try the portable version: Opera@USB.

Enjoy.

Charles.

Edited by CharlesF

DC BASS Source Filter 1.2 is a Direct Show filter, permitting Direct Show media players, such as Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic, to use the Bass audio codecs. The DC BASS Source Filter is included in several modern codec packs, such as K-Lite and Vista Codec Package (packages designed for Windows XP and above). A more recent DC BASS Source Filter (i.e. "1.3") is also available, and may work if your computer uses a Pentium III or higher processor.

To run, the DC BASS Source Filter requires "WINXP" compatibility under KernelEx. The entry must be made manually to the Windows Registry, for example

Registry Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KernelEx\AppSettings\Configs]

Name Value (DWord): "C:\\Program Files\\DirectShow\\DC Bass Source\\DCBassSource.ax"

Data Value: "WINXP"

The DC BASS Source Filter is a component of the "DirectShow FilterPack (DSFP)", from which the filter can be extracted. The "DirectShow FilterPack (DSFP)" also includes Softella's Direct Show filter manager software "DSFM". This program also should be extracted.

Obtain "DC BASS Source Filter 1.2" from "DirectShow FilterPack 3.33" at http://www.freewaregeeks.com/index.php?page=detail&get_id=983&category=36 .

Or obtain "DC BASS Source Filter 1.2" from "DirectShow FilterPack 3.34" at http://bstdownload.com/reviews/directshow-filterpack-3/ .

Or obtain "DC BASS Source Filter 1.3" from "DirectShow FilterPack" author at http://reino.degeelebosch.nl/ .

Note the batch files, included in the filter pack for the "DC BASS Source Filter", are designed to register/unregister the filter in Windows XP. Modify the batch files to run in Win 98/me, as follows:

Batch file entry to register the filter: %WINDIR%\system\regsvr32.exe DCBassSource.ax

Batch file entry to unregister the filter: %WINDIR%\system\regsvr32.exe /U DCBassSource.ax

Or else, use the Softella filter manager program to register/unregister the filter.