LogonUI Crash

mrEiger

I bought new HP Pavilion (dv6825er) laptop, it has fingerprint reader on it. So after a fresh reinstall i noticed that after resuming from sleep (but when system was in sleep more than 5 min.) when trying to log in with my fingerprint (when trying to log in with typed pass everything is ok) logonui restarts. After that restart i can proceed my login with fingerprint. I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit EN. Fingerprint reader Driver is not causing problem because my girlfriend has the same system and there is no such error. I suspect that the problem is from from one of the soft pack I use, but can't figure out by myself how to find problem causing file/program. Tried to disable all nondefault services and programs, uninstalled all (uninstallable) updates, but nothing helped :wacko: Wonted to debug LogonUI.exe in VS but do not know how to attach it for debugging because it starts after resuming from sleep. Please if someone saw problem like this, or knows what may cause this logonui crash, point me to the right direction. :blushing:

I'll attach crash report info:

Fault bucket 643444005, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: None
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: LogonUI.exe
P2: 6.0.6001.18000
P3: 47918daf
P4: StackHash_78c3
P5: 6.0.6001.18000
P6: 4791a7a6
P7: c0000374
P8: 000b015d
P9:
P10:

you can post the solution, it can help someone else

Right!!! So the problem was with some of the components installed or not installed (I choose only some of them that are needed for me) with Visual Studio 2008. I suspect that the probl was with SQL server Compact edition, but not sure. The SOLUTION is to reinstall VS with most all components selected (did not selected programming languages that i do not use).

Strange, I've had no such issues with VS2008 (nor 2005). SQL Server (any ed) shouldn't make LogonUI crash. I'd say enable minidumps, but since the problem is now gone...
that's weird. it never happen to me and i use vs 2008

do not know exact what was a reral reason as I wrote but that VS installation caused that that is 100%

that VS installation caused that that is 100%

I'm rather thinking that reinstalling it fixed a problem with some unrelated component that was causing the crash, but at this point we're guessing.

If VS2008 had such a problem, out of the millions of VS2008 users worldwide, we'd have heard about it by now... Google doesn't return anything for similar problems either, so again, likely not caused by it.

Edited by crahak