How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

Are you talking about trying to install the three different OS's ONTO the USB? Because, unless I'm wrong, this thread is talking about installing the different OS's FROM the USB, using it as the install SOURCE, not the TARGET. A totally different thing. Are you in the right place?

I'm in the right place. I'm trying to install windows from my usb. I'm just not sure if it is possible to put three of the OS's on the same usb.

Edited by RockOn

You can use the program and add several Vista/7/Server 2008 sources in different partitions if that's USB hard disk or USB stick with the removable bit flipped so Windows sees it as a fixed disk.

If that's not the case- read the first post in this topic and follow the two links explaining how to use several sources from the same partition.

You can use the program and add several Vista/7/Server 2008 sources in different partitions if that's USB hard disk or USB stick with the removable bit flipped so Windows sees it as a fixed disk.

If that's not the case- read the first post in this topic and follow the two links explaining how to use several sources from the same partition.

I have three usbs: Kingston, cruzer, and corsair, and none work with that lexmar removable bit flipped. So I'm forced to use RMPrepUSB and firausb. Since RMPrepUSB doesn't need the iso to be extracted, doesn't this mean that the iso will get extract at the time of installation? so more work loads for the usb if i do a lot of installation? on the other hand, winsetupfromusb puts the iso's extracted files onto the usb so when it install windows, the only thing it does is read the files?

I have three usbs: Kingston, cruzer, and corsair, and none work with that lexmar removable bit flipped. So I'm forced to use RMPrepUSB and firausb. Since RMPrepUSB doesn't need the iso to be extracted, doesn't this mean that the iso will get extract at the time of installation? so more work loads for the usb if i do a lot of installation? on the other hand, winsetupfromusb puts the iso's extracted files onto the usb so when it install windows, the only thing it does is read the files?

No iso is "extracted", No "more work".

The .iso is mounted in a virtual drive.

Actually, IF it was a conventional disk drive using a .iso should put LESS stress on head/arms :unsure:.

jaclaz

Hi ilko_t ,

I am able to add XP, Windows 7 and Ubuntu to my USB and able to boot from all of them. But XP is showing only the USB drive from which itz booting. Not the fixed disks of my laptop. Can u clarify this? Attached my log file.

Not the fixed disks of my laptop. Can u clarify this?

Clarification:

Your laptop probably has a SATA disk and your source does NOT contain a suitable driver.

If this is the case, you need to integrate the appropriate driver (or the whole Mass Storage Driverpack) to your source BEFORE creating the USB thingy.

jaclaz

Not the fixed disks of my laptop. Can u clarify this?

Clarification:

Your laptop probably has a SATA disk and your source does NOT contain a suitable driver.

If this is the case, you need to integrate the appropriate driver (or the whole Mass Storage Driverpack) to your source BEFORE creating the USB thingy.

jaclaz

Thankzz jaclaz... Letme Tryyyyy

hi any one explain me how to use WinSetup-1-0-beta7 for booting windows xp from usb..i have tried it but no luck

it just show me menu and when i click windows xp setup.it boots into my hard drive with my installed os windows xp.not from usb

i have used both bootice and RMprepusb :( ..thx...!!

hi any one explain me how to use WinSetup-1-0-beta7 for booting windows xp from usb..i have tried it but no luck

it just show me menu and when i click windows xp setup.it boots into my hard drive with my installed os windows xp.not from usb

i have used both bootice and RMprepusb :( ..thx...!!

Do you get to the screen First and Second parts of setup?

i get the grub menu screen windows xp setup and 2 option for windows xp part 1 and 2 when i click part 1 it strait way boots into my installed xp on harddisk.. :(

You should be seen some output from grub4dos as this is happening, when you select First part, what do you see?

Can you post WinSetupFromUSB.log file found in program directory?

Do you have small ISO file in \WINSETUP folder on the USB stick?

This is a great tool! I was able to put multiple OSes (ie windows xp, windows 2003, windows 7) in my usb drive. Also, included are ISO's like Acronis, memtest.

My question again is, how to put/integrate a HDD regenerator 2011 in it? I created a separate bootable usb flash using HDD shell but I don't know how to include this to my multiboot usb flash drive.

Thank you again in advance and more power to msfn :)

@ ilko_t ..thank you for replying..well when i select first part it shows this message very fast and Straight way into my installed xp on hardidsik :

Message is : Booting first part of windows xp professional sp2 setup from partition 0

xppsp2 .ISO Address 0x8280 : value 0x80

2(HEX :0x2)