How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

Need your help. How to make a multiboot disk with win 2003 server and linux red hat 5.4? Where can I find detailed instructions with screenshots or a clear sequence of actions? I was not able to understand myself.

Use 1.0 beta7.

Format the USB stick in FAT32, use the tools included.

Select Windows 2000/XP/2003, point to the source directory.

Select Parted Magic/Ubuntu/Other G4D compatible ISO, point to the Red Hat ISO file.

Press GO.

You may need to defragment the Red Hat ISO file once it's on the USB stick, use contig or wincontig. Use google to find links.

WinContig is already included in WinSetupFromUSB directory\files\tools\WinContig.

Once you boot Red Hat installer press enter for default boot options, further in the process select Hard Drive for Installation Method, select the usb device and for directory where the ISO is type

./

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-installmethod-x86.html

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-begininstall-hd-x86.html

thank. i`ll go to try.

Well i found when i add an mintos linux its just copy the total dvd iso files and when i am running this into my old p4 with 512 mb ram its giving not enough memory , its not i want .

i want that also book like live cd or dvd .

well iso is about 835 mb .

Please make it happend. thanks in advance.

Well i found when i add an mintos linux its just copy the total dvd iso files and when i am running this into my old p4 with 512 mb ram its giving not enough memory , its not i want .

Do you think we are magicians or what? :w00t:

You cannot load an image in memory if you haven't enough of it.

The scope of this app is to Install Windows from USB (and NOT to add to it every possible kind of OS, and NOT to twealk the latter to work -if possible - on underpowered machines)

You may have better luck with Sardu or Xboot (or any of the other good LInux utilities):

http://reboot.pro/forum/100/

http://reboot.pro/forum/126/

or do your own experiments, since this app already installs grub4dos, add the whatever you want manually, after WinsetupfromUSB has run:

http://reboot.pro/forum/66/

Some examples of known working OS's:

http://reboot.pro/5041/

Remember that if you map a .iso directly the .iso needs to be contiguous.

jaclaz

Rename the iso file to something including 'ubuntu', i.e. linux-mint-ubuntu-32bit.iso. Format the stick. Add linux mint first to the stick using the PartedMagic/Ubuntu option. Defragment the iso file in the USB stick\Ubuntu\ if fragmented using the included in \file\tools\WinContig\Wincontig.exe. Add the rest to the USB stick.

I dont want any iso to load in memory i want to extract the iso in one folder and when i press menu key it loads like windows xp do.

well i am new in this field and thats why i need a little help.

actually i need a service usb device with < SOME WAREZ > windows xp and linux within it.

Edited by jaclaz

I dont want any iso to load in memory i want to extract the iso in one folder and when i press menu key it loads like windows xp do.

actually i need a service usb device with <SOME WAREZ> windows xp and linux within it.

NOone is telling you to load the .iso in memory, we are all suggesting you to map the .iso directly, i.e. WITHOUT using --mem mapping.

jaclaz

Hey guys,

On the second part (GUI mode) of the installation of Windows, i got a couple of "2 (HEX:0x2)" messages on the screen, and a blinking cursor at the end. Is this the normal process?

I am using WinSetup v1.0 beta7 , orig windows xp sp3 vlk, hp 520 laptop and a kingston 4gig thumbdrive.

actually i need a service usb device with <SOME WAREZ> windows xp and linux within it.

NOone is telling you to load the .iso in memory, we are all suggesting you to map the .iso directly, i.e. WITHOUT using --mem mapping.

jaclaz

As you sen here i am new here and dont know how to do this please tell me how to do this.

it will be a grate help.

And please tell how to add live cd image into it.

Edited by infotronix

Hey guys,

On the second part (GUI mode) of the installation of Windows, i got a couple of "2 (HEX:0x2)" messages on the screen, and a blinking cursor at the end. Is this the normal process?

I am using WinSetup v1.0 beta7 , orig windows xp sp3 vlk, hp 520 laptop and a kingston 4gig thumbdrive.

Was the disk partitioned in advance? How did you do it? Can you delete all partitions during the first part, reboot, start first part again and create new ones ?

As you sen here i am new here and dont know how to do this please tell me how to do this.

it will be a grate help.

You were already told how to do it, just a few posts above.

Well i did but there is some problem i think some of my isos are not loding correctly i meant to say live cds are not running i am uploding the menu.lst file that you can gyes take a look at it i think then you can tell me where i did wrong.

(Well i changed ext with .txt insteed of .lst)

Edited by infotronix

Well i did but there is some problem i think some of my isos are not loding correctly i meant to say live cds are not running i am uploding the menu.lst file that you can gyes take a look at it i think then you can tell me where i did wrong.

(Well i changed ext with .txt insteed of .lst)

Why did you attach this file? It's only about Windows Setup, 2000/XP/2003 versions.

infotronix, you asked about Linux Mint and an answer was given. Now you are talking about something which only you and the crystal ball know about.

I have no clue what you are attempting, but do not expect us to be mind readers, nor expect from the program to magically convert and boot whatever ISO you throw at it. Open up a new topic, ask other questions if you need to add other stuff apart from Linux Mint and Windows setup and be as specific as possible. Read your answers, try, try again, read again, do not expect spoon feeding, try again then ask again in that topic if no luck.

I can't find anything that will open the archive. 7zip doesn't even recognize it as valid.

Thoughts?

WHAT archive? :w00t:

Whenever you have a problem with something post a reference or a link to it.

jaclaz

wow this is very nice ... wish you could add an advanced option to use syslinux I have better luck booting machines from it but keep up the awesome work

Thank you.

Syslinux lacks some grub4dos specific options. If you have syslinux MBR in mind you can modify the USB stick putting syslinux MBR on it afterwards and chainload grub4dos grub.exe from it:

http://diddy.boot-land.net/grub4dos/files/install_linux.htm#linux1

I can't find anything that will open the archive. 7zip doesn't even recognize it as valid.

Thoughts?

Re-download the archive, whichever that is. I've just downloaded 1.0 beta7 and opened it just fine in 7-zip 9.20.