How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

WinSetupFromUSB.7z
2010/10/01 09:47:43- Total source size- 473 MB

2010/10/01 09:47:43- Target space available- 478 MB

\msft\windows\common\controls\COMCTL32.DLL

2010/10/01 10:47:24- ERROR!!!--- not copied:D:\XP\I386\ASMS\60\msft\windows\common\controls\COMCTL32.DLL 0 file(s)

2010/10/01 10:48:56- Target space available- 0 MB

Disk full?

Copy XPpSP3.ISO fails.

OK, I'll try your suggestions. By default, how big is XPpSP3.ISO? XP folder is 473MB, and USB stick is 478MB, so cdob may be right. If so, I will try with a bigger USB stick. But I'd really like it if I can fit an XP install to this USB, even just XP with no RunOnce programs. The $OEM$ folder is 62MB, so if that does the trick, I'll redo (delete) it.

BTW, the GUI didn't show an error with copying, just a small window "Job done!", so I assumed everything is OK. (Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups, right?)

Thanks

Nice catch cdob, thanks :)

Also:

Expanding i:\winsetup\xppsp3\i386\setup.ex_ to i:\winsetup\xppsp3\i386\setupwst.exe.

Out of disk space writing output file: i:\winsetup\xppsp3\i386\setupwst.exe.

I set my BIOS to boot from usb-hdd and that works perfect, it goes into the Vista install procedure perfect, but when it asks me what drive only my C: drive is listed.

My USB stick does not show. Any solution? It gives an option to browse for drivers but not sure where to look exactly. Apparently my stick is driverless so not sure why it would not pick up.

It's a Transcend 8gig stick Jetflash 600

• 3 weeks later...

Ilko_t

Thank you for this great program.

I would like to use 1 USBHD with 3 partitions and formatted and put the windows 7 as follow with "winsetupfromusb" :

USBHD1 primary partition active Windows 7 homebasic

USBHD2 primary partition Windows 7 Ultimate

USBHD3 primary partition

Only when I want to install windows 7 ultimate its installing windows home basic from the first partition every time.

What I'm doing wrong any idea?

Only when I want to install windows 7 ultimate its installing windows home basic from the first partition every time.

Windows setup search files at first partition.

Can you delete file ei.cfg at first partition?

Windows setup search files at first partition.

Can you delete file ei.cfg at first partition?

Dear CDOB,

There is no file "ei.cfg" in the partitions.

Hello members with exprience all ideas are welkom!

Edited by vol

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all - new to this program and really looking forward to it. In fact, I will absolutely donate if/when I get this working right.

Just to begin - I downloaded the latest version from page 1 of this forum, and cant find the general ReadMe.txt file which would help guide me through this process.

I have a 32GB Corsair GTR thumb drive and my goal is to be able to have all three of my XP Installs (Home, Pro, MCE), my Vista/7 ISO's, and UBCD + Recovery Disks All on one drive.

So far I have tried using Bootice to partition the usb drive (which partitioned it, but didn't format it so I had to use Parted Magic to format the 3 other partitions).

The program Recognizes my Flash Drive and all FOUR partitions - but after spending a bunch of time copying all the ISO files, I was UNABLE to get the drive to BOOT.

I formatted and re-partitioned the Drive back into 4. (part 1 = 15GB, part 2-4 = 5GB)

I tried simply putting ONE ISO (XP Home) onto the main partition, and booting it. (I clicked on Bootice and added the Grub4dos MBR)...

I put the stick into my bootable system (which boots fine with other grub4dos sticks) and it does not boot saying: "Cannot find GRLDR in all devices"

I have spent all day messing with this, and would LOVE a simple guide to doing what I am trying to do, or an expert here who has been through all of this.

Thanks again for making such a wonderful piece of software!

Ok, after a lot of messing around and trial and error I have my stick created for the most part.

The only error I get is with the Vista/7 Installations that are NOT on the first partition.

Vista64bit is on the first partition (part-0) - and this loads up fine and installs.

Vista32 (part-1), Win7-64 (part-2), Win7-32 (part-3) - ALL have the same error which is:

"A Required CD/DVD Drive Device Driver is missing" - And then it gives me the options to browse for the driver.

I read some posts from about a year ago with someone having the same problem - there were some links posted, but they are dead now.

Has this problem been solved?

Is the removable bit flipped on this USB stick so Windows recognises it as a fixed disk? If not- windows would use only the first partition.

Search the subforum for removable bit for clarification.

Search the subforum for alternative ways to have multiple 7/Vista setups in one partition.

Hello,

I have a problem installing Windows XP SP3 from my USB hard disk (Samsung S2 portable). I used WinSetupFromUSB. I tried to install Windows XP SP3 from a PC which had no drivers for USB 2.0 (or at least i thought so, because it starts very slowly and when i start the installation it also starts very slowly) there was no problem. When i tried Plop things work a bit faster, but windows txt setup gives an error ( can't remember exactly, but it says biosinfo is missing error 14).

:wacko:

Did you try on 2 PCs?

First one is the slow one, where Setup worked.

Second one is Samsung S2, what happens on it?

Did I get it right?

PLoP doesn't work always.

On the same PC i ran the setup. First without using plop and it works, but slowly, then i tried with plop, but i get this error 14 and that biosinfo is missing.