How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

Ilko_T,

Okay I see what is going now. It turns out that this is the case of the missing identy. Here in my case I have two locations I didn't know about. One location has the recent installment of WinSetupToUSB and the other (which I just found out) is the old installment (which is where my shortcut is pointing to). The old installment is the one that is missing this file. I was not aware that the my short cut itself would reference the old location even though I thought it was running from the other location on the HD. Hence every time I ran it, it would keep saying missing file. Oops. In one way, maybe this a good thing cause I would not have the history of the old install logs had I known this. Again my apologies. I didn't see where it said to install this Beta into the old location and it doesn't matter anyway because of the short cut I was using.

So I see what happened when it came to the installment of McAfee, it must have thought that the file was a virus and locked it away somewhere or deleted it. Either way, it made your program unusable. But this still doesn't explain what happened when I uninstalled McAfee, that Windows 7 would become severly hampered. This is something I will need to bring up with McFee when I write a formal complaint to them in regards to your file in question that caused all this. Well in the words of the great Sherlock Holmes - This mystory is Solved!

This indeed did fix the problem. I now have a usable bootable USB Thumb Drive to install XP from and I have you to thank. So Thank You. I am deeply in your dept for the mounds of time and effort you have devoted to this project.

Thanks Again,

Macster

- Vista/Windows 7/Server 2008 setup to different primary partitions. Multiple Vista sources in the SAME partition are NOT supported. Place your second Vista/7/Server 2008 setup in another partition

Multiple Vista sources in the SAME partition are supported here? http://sites.google.com/site/rmprepusb/tutorials/how-to-create-a-usb-drive-that-will-install-vista-win7-and-server-2008

Multiple Vista sources in the SAME partition are supported here?

WHAT kind of question is this? :unsure:

OF COURSE they are THERE.(with that method)

OF COURSE they are NOT HERE(in the current version of WinsetupfromUSBwithGUI)

jaclaz

everything working great! :D

only ISO XPPSP32.iso has invalid signature at first line, i see you removed by mistake .. i already corrected it .. because without that line the installation don't even start

amazing work.. thanks so much for all support ilko_t ;)

i will help to test anything you need if necessary.. i'll be around and waiting for final version.. until now this latest beta release works very good.

My BEst Regards

how was it fixed and can i download the fix?

Hello. I'm having issues with a true integration of the latest Adobe Flash Player and WinSetupFromUSB. This problem doesn't appear when I install from a cd (so when I don't use WinSetupFromUSB).

To be more specific, that addon of Adobe Flash Player replaces the original flash.inf with an alternate one, and when I try to install windows from a USB drive (made with WinSetupFromUSB 0.2.3), right after formatting the HDD, the new flash.inf cannot be copied to the HDD, and I'm asked whether I want to skip and continue installation, or to press F8 and abort installation.

Can you think of a reason why WinSetupFromUSB is incompatible with that true integration of Adobe Flash Player? Why it doesn't like the new flash.inf? :)

Done. ;)

Oh, and just to mention... if I don't use that true integration of Adobe Flash Player, and I use a T-13 installer, that doesn't change the flash.inf file, then everything is ok with WinSetupFromUSB. :)

There are two entries for flash.inf in txtsetup.sif, remove this one:

flash.inf = 100,,,,,,,20,0,0

This duplicates would not affect setup from a CD, or using the latest 1.0 beta6 version.

This was my first try with the GUI (1.0 Beta 6). I made an nLited copy of XP (470MB) and got a TakeMS 512MB USB, The size was 483MB, but after RMprepUSB it became 478MB. Formatted it into FAT32 without the option to boot as HDD, pointed to the XP folder and added QEMU for testing. It took a while (over 30 min.) to copy, but that's not really important.

When QEMU started,I got the option to start PLoP or XP install (chose #2) and this screen appeared

post-236786-051024600 1285892625_thumb.j

I chose "First part of setup" and got this

post-236786-060980200 1285892630_thumb.j

I also opened "Second part of setup" and PLoP, but didn't see anything useful. What confuses me is that XPpSP3.ISO line, since I didn't find any.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear; when I said

What confuses me is that XPpSP3.ISO line, since I didn't find any.
I meant there is no XPpSP3.ISO on the USB key. From what I saw in the log, XPpSP3.ISO is created in the TEMP folder.

Here's the log

WinSetupFromUSB.7z

and this is the screenshot if I choose "Second part of setup"

post-236786-064331400 1285923316_thumb.j

From what I saw in the log, XPpSP3.ISO is created in the TEMP folder.

:wacko: Where did it go?

It's created in program's temp folder and copied to /winsetup/ folder on the USB stick. But was it created and was it copied...? :whistle:

Such case hasn't been reported yet.

Try to run the program again, watch temp folder if the ISO file is created, next watch if it's copied to /winsetup/ folder on the USB stick.

Use NTFS, file copy speed will be much faster.