How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

Try with the file attached. What I did was to comment out both entries for USBBootW.exe and cnf.

It's very weird only one of them gives an error.

You would also need to comment out (put REM at front) each line mentioning USBBootW.exe in \I386\setup.cmd on the USB disk, for each source there.

Please do read next time tooltips for each element in the program you are unsure about ;)

Lol, killer jet lag, forgot to attach the file :D

And yes for setup.cmd. Txtsetup.sif entries were already commented in the ISOs attached.

Edit: Attachment removed.

everything working great! :D

only ISO XPPSP32.iso has invalid signature at first line, i see you removed by mistake .. i already corrected it .. because without that line the installation don't even start

amazing work.. thanks so much for all support ilko_t ;)

i will help to test anything you need if necessary.. i'll be around and waiting for final version.. until now this latest beta release works very good.

My BEst Regards

Hi guys

have just tried using the program to create a usb install for OEM version of XP, i used beta6 and had no issues creating the USB, when tested in QEMU it works fine, when the PC is booted from the USB, i get the first part of text setup, where its loading the drivers, then once gets to the screen Setup is starting windows, then i get a blank screen, just black background and nothing else, any ideas why this could be?

Cheers

i have tested with 0.2.3 and this works passed the point i was at before, now i have a different issue, if i burn my xp dir to cd it works with out issue, when using this tool setup reports it cannot load keyboard layout kbduk.dll i think this is due to the fact that the file is not in the $WIN_NT$.~BT dir, i have tried to copy it there but its still not working

Edited by MikeBuzz

Can you attach WinSetupFromUSB.log file found in program directory.

Try renaming migrate.inf to .bak in ~BT folder.

Are you installing from U3 USB stick?

Do you have an option in BIOS about USB keyboard? Is it disabled or enabled? What are other USB options set to? What's the motherboard or laptop model?

Similar issue:

ok, renaming the migrate.inf has got rid of the missing KBDUK.dll message, just running through a install now, will report back once finished

That worked 100%, thanks :)

Edited by MikeBuzz