How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

Why do you need to use this Virtual flash drive?

Did you try advanced options-->display disk drives on all interfaces?

When y want to boot from vitual flash drive in virtualbox y get a error: can't use 64 bits lba.
Sorry, no clue. WinSetupFromUSB comes with QEMU and support for real flash drives. This is tested and supported.

With beta 6 flash succesfullry created and booted. WIndows installed.

But i have one big trouble.

In my winnt.sif consists strings:

[Unattended] 
OemPnPDriversPath = DRIVERS\00_CHIPSET\P5K;DRIVERS\01_NETWORK\MARVEL\8.56;DRIVERS\01_NETWORK\8056_8001;Drivers\01_NETWORK\RealTek;Drivers\01_NETWORK\8110S;Drivers\01_NETWORK\802BG\Winxp\;.....

But after installing windows Xp drivers from list in OemPnPDriversPath not used.

And i have many not installed devices.

How to decide this trouble?

And other little trouble linked with PeToUSB.

This old program dont detected my eSATA Silicon Power 64Gb Flash.

But your screept nice detect him !!!

May be You write analog of this script?

...But after installing windows Xp drivers from list in OemPnPDriversPath not used.

And i have many not installed devices.

How to decide this trouble?

Can you zip and attach WinSetupFromUSB.log and winnt.sif (removing any sensetive information such as serial number etc.) ? Backups of the log file cab archived are inside WinSetup\backups\ directory, find the applicable one.

And other little trouble linked with PeToUSB.

This old program dont detected my eSATA Silicon Power 64Gb Flash.

But your screept nice detect him !!!

May be You write analog of this script?

There is an option to add UBCD4Win/BartPE/Win FLPC/WinBuilder. Have you tried it? That's exactly its purpose.

All rights. It my files.

Is folder \DRIVERS and its contents copied during Text mode? Do you see it once Windows is installed in C: or wherever you are installing to?

Are the paths described in OemPnPDriversPath present in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DevicePath ?

Try also commenting out/removing LocalSourceOnCD="1" in winnt.sif.

I tried to install Windows 2000 on old computer. Installation failed message can not find the file usbohci.sys File usbohci.sys not in the distribution. What is wrong?

Edited by NT Man

Please zip and attach with your reply these three files:

1) From USB \WINSETUP\ISO files name for 2000 --> txtsetup.sif

2) From USB \WINSETUP\2000 directory\I386\txtsetup.sif

3) From WinSewtupFromUSB directory--> WinSetupFromUSB.log, if it's small find the appropriate one in \backups\ directory, it would be cab compressed.

In your source change txtsetup.sif and add the following line in Strings section:

wks_id = "Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional"

Then rebuild the stick.

This is how the program detects windows 2000 (looks for string '2000' in wks_id value) and amends txtsetup.sif accordingly, differently than XP/2003.

I'll add in the next version a check for wkscd = ..... if wks_id is missing. Thanks for reporting.

Hi,

i've a question about Vista /7 boot and drivers loading:

Do you know if it's possible to integrate cfadisk or dummy filter for the boot install of Vista/7 ?

because when i use WinsetupfromUSB 1 beta 6 ( and other ) and copy Vista /7 sources on a no first partition on my usb stick ( parted thanks to dummy.sys ), the system boot, i can choose the language, and after a loading time, the system ask me drivers for a CD/USB device :(

I've try Vlite, but same problem.

I've try loading cfadisk and dummy filter, when he ask me drivers but same problem.

i've any chance for found a solution ?

Thanks.

In your source change txtsetup.sif and add the following line in Strings section:

Then rebuild the stick.

This is how the program detects windows 2000 (looks for string '2000' in wks_id value) and amends txtsetup.sif accordingly, differently than XP/2003.

I'll add in the next version a check for wkscd = ..... if wks_id is missing. Thanks for reporting.

You can find wks_id in second [strings] section.

Edited by NT Man

Then rebuild the stick.

You can find wks_id in second [strings] section.

Thanks, didn't expect another section.

It appears AutoIt internal function IniRead reads just the first section. Will have to dig in their support forums if it's a bug or expected behavior.

Meanwhile, to get you going, just merge these two sections into single one.

It appears AutoIt internal function IniRead reads just the first section. Will have to dig in their support forums if it's a bug or expected behavior.

Meanwhile, to get you going, just merge these two sections into single one.

Sure :), it's the good guys at MS that invented a stupid format where multiple sections with same name are possible.

A similar issue has already been noted at the time and the original USB multiboot did use fedit "add once":

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=61384&st=393

Maybe a good idea would be to pre-process these files to remove duplicate secions by merging them.

Something like this:

http://mindprod.com/project/inifiletidier.html

http://mindprod.com/products1.html#INI

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?autocom=Downloads&showfile=154

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applications/iniutils.aspx

jaclaz