How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

may be add for each system field and button for finalized aсtion's after copy system to the flash drive&

What do you mean, can you elaborate a bit?

For example. After installing distributivs of WinXp to flash i need make some ntfs links on the flash.

I have common folder with name "_soft_" for some various OS-es, which contain software for installing.

Teh directory _soft_ must be present in WinXP/$OEM$/$1, Win7, ..... and simple in root of flash drive.

And than i need copy some files to flash.

When the source code of your nice script will be availible, i will make it.

With regards!

Edited by NikLok

may be add for each system field and button for finalized aсtion's after copy system to the flash drive&

What do you mean, can you elaborate a bit?

For example. After installing distributivs of WinXp to flash i need make some ntfs links on the flash.

I have common folder with name "_soft_" for some various OS-es, which contain software for installing.

Teh directory _soft_ must be present in WinXP/$OEM$/$1, Win7, ..... and simple in root of flash drive.

And than i need copy some files to flash.

When the source code of your nice script will be availible, i will make it.

With regards!

Why this has to be automated and performed by the program? It seems specific to your needs task. And what's the problem to perform manually these actions, once the program finished its job?

Great utitity...

Not enough ability to add multiple identical Windows (eg Windows XP & Windows 2003, or Windows 2008 & Windows 7), and several Linux systems (eg Ubuntu & CentOS) simultaneously.

Edited by NT Man

What it can be used for adding to your USB stick/disk:

- multiple Windows XP/2kX sources in the same partition (up to 10 99 with vers. 1.0). They have to be in the first(no longer applies to 1.0 versions) any primary partition of the USB disk if hard disk type. If USB stick- Windows will not see any other partitions, but the first one, so you are restricted to it anyway.

- Vista/Windows 7/Server 2008 setup to different primary partitions. Multiple Vista sources in the SAME partition are NOT supported. Place your second Vista/7/Server 2008 setup in another partition. It can be placed on any primary partition.

- PartedMagic, a friendly Linux distro, which includes GParted- open source partition manager.

- Other grub4dos CD emulation compatible ISO. Refer to this topic for list of examples:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5041

- SyLinux bootsector as a file, and optionally a directory, containing (Linux) distro booting off SysLinux. For example you may extract UBCD411.ISO, and point it to this folder. Entire contents will be copied and entry for SysLinux bootsector file will be added to the grub4dos boot menu.

In latest 1.0 beta 5 and 6 you can add all Ubuntu desktop variants- 8.04 till 9.10, Kubuntu, Xubuntu...

Up to 99 Windows 2000/XP/2003 sources.

Several Windows 7/Vista setups in different primary partitions.

Basically unlimited number of Linux variants, manually added to stick and loaded by grub4dos or syslinux.

Whatever can be easily automated and there was interest in it is already implemented, for the rest some manual work is needed, just ask how ;)

hi guys,

thanks for all your works !

I follow the thread and program since a long time , but i've a new problem ( beta 1.6 ):

i'm french ( it's not the problem :P ) and on my usb key, i want integrate WinXP home(sp2 FR) .

The new method for transfert the datas create an iso and copy other file in a directory with same iso'name.

The real problem is a wrong letter in the iso name : WindowsXP�""ditionfamilialeSP2.ISO in winsetup.lst where "" is au litle cube in windows explorer, and a 'maj' "é" in grub.

So when i "force" the boot with changing iso name -> wxphsp3.iso for example and the entry in winsetup.lst i've a litle charging time and an error message " don't found WindowsXP�""ditionfamilialeSP2\i386 ..."

Now, how to change the path search file or any other solution ? plz.

thanks.

ps; i post a part of my winsetupfromusb.log -> LOG

edit: a screenshot from the directory in win explorer ->screen

Edited by karnox

hi guys,

thanks for all your works !

I follow the thread and program since a long time , but i've a new problem ( beta 1.6 ):

i'm french ( it's not the problem :P ) and on my usb key, i want integrate WinXP home(sp2 FR) .

The new method for transfert the datas create an iso and copy other file in a directory with same iso'name.

The real problem is a wrong letter in the iso name : WindowsXP�""ditionfamilialeSP2.ISO in winsetup.lst where "" is au litle cube in windows explorer, and a 'maj' "é" in grub.

So when i "force" the boot with changing iso name -> wxphsp3.iso for example and the entry in winsetup.lst i've a litle charging time and an error message " don't found WindowsXP�""ditionfamilialeSP2\i386 ..."

Now, how to change the path search file or any other solution ? plz.

thanks.

ps; i post a part of my winsetupfromusb.log -> LOG

edit: a screenshot from the directory in win explorer ->screen

Edit txtsetup.sif [setupData] section in the small ISO file and rebuild the ISO with the edited txtsetup.sif.

Can you zip and attach your original txtsetup.sif? Lets see if something can be fixed in the program.

txtsetup.sif from original CD windows XP home SP2 FR --> here

i rebuild the mini iso or the source iso ? because the mini iso with the txtsetup.sif moded don't work, i've the same error.

Edited by karnox

The mini ISO.

Attach txtsetup.sif, menu.lst, winsetup.lst and contents of BOOTWS folder.

It could be more simple to redo the USB stick, modifying the original txtsetup.sif beforehand.

Change the lines:

[Strings]
productname = "Windows XP ђdition familiale"
spcdname = "CD du Service Pack 2 pour Windows XP ђdition familiale"

to

productname   = "Windows XP home edition"
spcdname = "Service Pack 2"

and redo the USB stick.

I've found my problem, in txtsetup.sif i need change

[SetupData]

-
SetupSourcePath ="\WINSETUP\*****\"
-
-
BootPath="\WINSETUP\*****\I386\"

to

[SetupData]

-
SetupSourcePath ="\WINSETUP\XPhSP2\"
-
-
BootPath="\WINSETUP\XPhSP2\I386\"

now the installation start fine.

i'll try a full install tomorrow.

Thanks

Edited by karnox

Help PLEASE i am trying to install windows XP on a Wyse thin client J400 fattened up with a toshiba 20gig HD with a VIA 1.0Ghz cpu and 1 gig ram it has USB 1,0 only and the option on BIOS boot are USB-ZIP, USB-FDD, CDROM(none attached)HDD 0-..3, LAN, there are no options for USB-CDROM or others. I downloaded this wonderful program in order to make a bootable USB thumb but i have had no success. I am using a 4 gig SanDisk Cruiser and of course the boot options are set to boot from both USB options. Now i have prepped the USB drive every which way, FAT16 or FAT32 or NTFS also FOR USB-ZIP or USB-FDD and both with a winXP in the CD-ROM or the files copied on a folder. but every time i try to boot and install on the Wyse it hangs on Verifying DMI pool Data.....

or depending on which way the USB is prepped sometimes it says "Please remove the disk press any key to continue" deal and nothing happens.

i know i am a beginner in comparison to you guys but i can hold my own a little bit but this got me baffled what am i doing wrong??? please help i got to get this going asap

thank you in advance Denis

if you can e-mail me it comes straight to my phone please use grabocka at sbcglobal .dot. net

i know i am a beginner in comparison to you guys but i can hold my own a little bit but this got me baffled what am i doing wrong???

Probably nothing.

Simply the stoopid BIOS of your stoopid thinclient cannot boot from USB if not a number of settings are made to the stick.

This has unfortunately nothing to do with the "main" app, it's an "earlier" problem that - if it can be solved - will take us WAY OFF-TOPIC.

if you can e-mail me it comes straight to my phone please use grabocka at sbcglobal .dot. net

I have a better idea, post your address, one of us will call at your home and make that stick bootable for you. :whistle:

Comeon ;) this is a public technical forum, if you are game for it, let's try troubleshooting the issue and hopefully solve it, but private one-to-one help? :w00t:

Please start a new topic here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/157-install-windows-from-usb/

and we will try and help you. :)

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Well thank you for taking the time to reply to me at least but that was no help :( . Anyhow any ideas on how to get this resolved at all or not maybe have me try something i haven't yet. Of course publicly for everyone to see the only reason i had my e-mail there was for urgency since i was working on it yesterday and just in case someone was on line.

thank you

denis

Edited by jaclaz
removed needless quote