How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

You won't be able to test that in VM, not without some manual intervention during Setup which will be a bit long to go into.

Isn't the last machine you played with available to run this command?

Hi.

thanks guys for this fantastic program..

yesterday ,managed to install Windows 7 rc on my dell latitude xt tablet pc using a Sandsick cruzer 8gb flash drive NTFS formated

everything worked flawlessly..

thanks again!!!

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Hi.

thanks guys for this fantastic program..

yesterday ,managed to install Windows 7 rc on my dell latitude xt tablet pc using a Sandsick cruzer 8gb flash drive NTFS formated

everything worked flawlessly..

thanks again!!!

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Glad to read stories of success :)
First off Great Program

second do you have to install DriverPack to all windows before you use the program or just one?

third can i have multi vista on here or just one????

Not quite sure what your second point asks. The program does not need DriverPack. The hardware and Windows you are going to install may need a driver. Simplest way is to to slipstream Drivers Pack to your source with Windows setup with many drivers at once.

Is it any clearer?

As for Vista setup- from the first post in this topic:

What it can be used for adding to your USB stick/disk:

Vista/Windows 7 setup to different primary partitions. Multiple Vista sources in the SAME partition are NOT supported. Place your second Vista setup in another partition. It can be placed on any primary partition...

Quick workaround- manually copy to the same partition the other Vista setup files, even in its own folder.

Launch first Vista setup. At start of setup choose to repair system then select to go in command prompt, can't recall how these options were called.

When you go to command prompt CD to your folder with the second Vista and launch its Setup.exe.

Not quite sure if you can start 32bit setup from 64bit command prompt and vice versa.

Initially had problem seeing "grub>" instead of the boot menu. Resolved with grldr from grub4dos-0.4.4-2009-06-11.zip.

Now see the menu but stuck at:

(FAT 32, HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool v 2.0.6; BIOS USB option: FDD)

Booting Windows XP/2000/2003 Setup- First and Second parts

root (hd0,0)

Error 5: Partition table invalid or corrupt

(NTFS, HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool v 2.0.6; BIOS USB option: FDD)

A disk read error occurred

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

|| USB: Micro Center 4GB

|| Motherboard: ASUS M4A78 PRO

|| USB created under Windows Vista Enterprise SP1

|| Same under Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3 [FAT32: grub>, grldr replacement, Error 5]

Also WinSetupFrom USB 0.2.2

reports the below for all USB sticks I am trying to use:

"Could not install grub4dos bootsector. Will attempt to install in to MBR..."

Edited by Tulert

thanks for the info

for the driverpacks i mean do i need to install the driver pack on each windows that i put on there like set it up with home, one for pro and one for corp.

will your program support putting multi vista on different partitions or do i have to do it manually.

maybe a small guide will help me out if you can if not maybe a good link to help me

for the driverpacks i mean do i need to install the driver pack on each windows that i put on there like set it up with home, one for pro and one for corp.
You integrate Driver Pack in your source, BEFORE putting it on the USB stick using this program. So the answer comes up by itself- yes, you need to do that for whatever source you are willing to.

It could be possible to share drivers pack folder later on, after integration, given that source is the same (XP for example), but it will be looking for that only if disk size is limiting you and/or you are slipstreaming a lot of driver packs, e.g. video, sound etc.

From the top of my head one of the changes required would be to edit presetup.cmd in each ~LS\I386 folder and replace name of DP parent directory.

will your program support putting multi vista on different partitions or do i have to do it manually.

maybe a small guide will help me out if you can if not maybe a good link to help me

You need to create the partitions manually, then the program can help you putting the source in those partitions. Didn't you like the workaround?

Im not sure if this has been answered before but is it possible to install two XP setups on one USB drive?

I would like to add XP Home and Pro, I have Home on my 4GB now but would like to add Pro too.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the DOCS folder and the information I needed was in there. Oops..

Edited by wivelden

How do I "null the first 100-200 sectors" on a USB stick?

Also in BIOS I have 5 options to set up USB:

Auto (emulated as Floppy for small size <530MB & as HDD for large)

Floppy

Forced FDD (to force a HDD formatted drive to boot as FDD, supposedly useful for ZIP drive)

Hard Disk

CDROM

I try to boot under FDD. I did try other options but computer hangs up for most of those except FDD & CD-Rom. Now I don't even get to grub>.

Anyway, what is the most appropriate BIOS option? Or which ones are definitely wrong?

Formatting USB as "Fixed drive" and setting HDD in BIOS didn't help.

Edited by Tulert

Also in BIOS I have 5 options to set up USB:

Auto (must do Floppy for small size & HDD for large, forgot the threshold size)

HDD

Floppy

FDD (forced floppy for large sizes)

CD-Rom

The one that normally works is the HDD one.

If it does not work for you, it is possible that something is simply wrong in the stick (fixable) or in the BIOS (NOT-fixable).

The "plain" HP Format utility is known, in some cases, to produce unbootable sticks.

Do try the apps listed here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...87993&st=17

(after having zeroed out first 100 or 200 sectors, just to make sure you start from scratch)

jaclaz

Is it just XP x64 that deletes files during setup or does Vista / 7 x64 do it as well?

I want to install x86 and x64 of Vista and 7 on mine.

What is the workaround to the deleting files problem?

XP SP2/3 will NOT delete files. 2000/2003 any version will do. Anything after Vista (including) it will NOT.