How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

ISO file size is 4 217 568 KiB x 1024 = 4 318 789 632 bytes. FAT32 maximum supported file size is 4 294 967 295 bytes, so everything is as it should be, the warning is correct, since the whole ISO file is going to be copied.

You have the following options with this ISO:

1) Use FAT32 and 1.0 beta versions, which do not copy the whole ISO, but support only one source of this type. If you need EFI, it should need no further modifications if source is Windows 8.X

2) Use 1.0 and later versions and NTFS, multiple sources of this kind are supported, but no EFI support with NTFS, unless you load a NTFS driver, for EFI or motherboard manufacturer added NTFS EFI driver.

http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/drivers.html

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/46981-Install-Win8-Windows-8-1-UEFI-With-a-Over-sized%28over-4GB%29-install-wim

Ok, thanks. Thou shalt not return the old way as an additional?

Ok. But I still torments the previous question. Program, as I understand it, turns the image to stick, and not at her blankly copies the image file. Then why the author evaluates the maximum size as the image, rather than contained within the image file with a maximum size, ie install.esd?

ISO file size is 4 217 568 KiB x 1024 = 4 318 789 632 bytes. FAT32 maximum supported file size is 4 294 967 295 bytes, so everything is as it should be, the warning is correct, since the whole ISO file is going to be copied.

Again, the image is copied as is, the whole ISO, it is not extracted. Have a look at the contents of <USB disk>\WINSETUP\W71\ or whatever the name of the directory is, there are boot.wim and WindowsXYZ.ISO. How do you fit larger than 4GB WindowsXYZ.ISO on FAT32? :)

Again, the image is copied as is, the whole ISO, it is not extracted. Have a look at the contents of <USB disk>\WINSETUP\W71\ or whatever the name of the directory is, there are boot.wim and WindowsXYZ.ISO. How do you fit larger than 4GB WindowsXYZ.ISO on FAT32? :)

I understand that the loader will start directly from the image. And UEFI, respectively, will be. In my case optionally use fat32?

I don't quite understand your question, lost in translation.

Vista and later setup currently works like this:

BIOS/legacy mode:
boot device-->MBR-->grub4dos is loaded-->bootmgr (reads BCD store)-->boot.wim -->install imdisk driver and mount the ISO file as virtual DVD-->start Setup

EFI mode:
FAT32 partition/efi/bootx64.efi (reads BCD store)-->boot.wim-->install imdisk driver and mount the ISO file as virtual DVD-->start Setup
Typical EFI firmware supports FAT32, no NTFS.
For NTFS and EFI, load a NTFS driver.

Again:

You have the following options with this ISO:
1) Use FAT32 and 1.0 beta versions, which do not copy the whole ISO, but support only one source of this type. If you need EFI, it should need no further modifications if source is Windows 8.X
2) Use 1.0 and later versions and NTFS, multiple sources of this kind are supported, but no EFI support with NTFS, unless you load a NTFS driver, for EFI or motherboard manufacturer added NTFS EFI driver.

http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/drivers.html
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/46981-Install-Win8-Windows-8-1-UEFI-With-a-Over-sized(over-4GB)-install-wim

Hi all, I am try creating usb mutil boot by winsetupfromusb. I have a trouble, when I add winpe to usb, the program show a notice "... I386, Programs or Program Files ... could not be found ..." I tried find the answer on gg but "could not be found" =.=" what should I do now? ps: I use winsetupfromusb 1.2, and this is link to download win7pex86 [link removed](the name is Julia,named by creator)

Edited by ilko_t
Link removed

I'll have this fixed in the next version which should be out soon, just need to accumulate more changes to release it.

The problem with this source is that there is folder EFI but most likely there is no BCD file in \efi\microsoft\boot\ and program fails when trying to update it, since it's missing. I've added a few more checks which should eliminate such errors.

Meanwhile, I think this source could also be added using the third option "Linux ISO/Other Grub4dos compatible ISO" if there are no files needed for the booted WinPE outside boot.wim.

Thanks for reporting.

I'll have this fixed in the next version which should be out soon, just need to accumulate more changes to release it.

The problem with this source is that there is folder EFI but most likely there is no BCD file in \efi\microsoft\boot\ and program fails when trying to update it, since it's missing. I've added a few more checks which should eliminate such errors.

Meanwhile, I think this source could also be added using the third option "Linux ISO/Other Grub4dos compatible ISO" if there are no files needed for the booted WinPE outside boot.wim.

Thanks for reporting.

seem you are right with my trouble. I try adding another winpe what version have file BCD in \efi\microsoft\boot\, and this works!

about the third option, I am afraid that I don't have answer. by the ways, thanks for your support!

Edited by damtac84