How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

i am using the version that i asked here, http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/120444-how-to-install-windows-from-usb-winsetupfromusb-with-gui/?p=1049812, page 81. X:\windows\winpresetup.log and inf\setupapi.app.log - no such files. The others are here files.zip

The thing is that this is not like a error, maybe it shouldn't write in logs, it is more like a prompt to install the required drivers

Edited by Goblin

I think you should just use the latest version:

www.winsetupfromusb.com/downloads/

Let me know if there are still issues.

i guess that solved the problem :)

thanks for the great job you are doing

I'm having a problem with installing a nlited version of XP Pro. I run WinSetupFromUSB and it completes successfully and it boots into the XP textmode installation. The problem is that the installation lists the partitions of the USB drive that the installer is on and not the internal HDD. Is there anything I could do to get it to show the internal HDD?

Program updated to 1.1, list of changes:

• (U)EFI support for Windows Vista x64 SP1 and later 64 bits Windows. USB disk must be formatted in FAT32 as per EFI specifications to boot under EFI. To prepare USB disk running the program under Windows XP or 2003, which do not include bcdedit.exe, an active internet connection must be present in order to download it
  • Firadisk driver is now added to each XP 32 bits source, but disabled by default. A new option in DPMS and custom F6 floppy menus activates it. This should help loading SATA/AHCI/RAID drivers from virtual floppy on problematic machines
  • NT6 sources boot menus are now handled by BOOTMGR
  • fixed recognition of Windows 8.1 sources which contain INSTALL.ESD instead of INSTALL.WIM
  • added check in boot menu for Linux sources to warn if PLoP is loaded. Linux sources would not work with PLoP loaded as it supports only read mode
  • removed the ZIP archive as it seems some users tend to launch the program directly from the Windows zip folder view, rather than extracting all files and folders. A self extracting SFX archive is added instead
  • updated wimlib to 1.5.3
  • various small bug fixes

Download:

http://www.winsetupfromusb.com/downloads/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, this is the first time I write here, so because there are many many pages sorry If next question was already discussed...

I created an usb key with win2003 and win2008 OS, is It possibile to add other win OS to the drive OR the limit is 2 win OS's? I tried but I receive an error says "could not prepare NT6 boot files"

However very nice job, thank you

The only limit for Windows OS is disk free space, you can put as many as you need.

Can you post the log file when the error appeared?
The last lost file in next to WinSetupFromUSB.exe, previous log files are in cab archives, data-time stamped, in the backups folder.

Find the relevant one, or just put them all in a zip archive and upload it to www.datafilehost.com for example.

2013/12/17 17:36:31- WinSetupFromUSB 1.1 started

2013/12/17 17:36:31- OS: WIN_7 Architecture type: X64 ServicePack: Service Pack 1 OS Language: 0410

2013/12/17 17:36:31- Program directory: C:\Users\VITO\Desktop\WinSetupFromUSB\WinSetupFromUSB-1-1

log.txt

Edited by ilko_t
Log file added as attachment

The output of bcdedit seems to differ when run on Windows with Italian localization and the function parsing BCD store fails. Other languages maybe affected too. I've tested on English and Bulgarian localizations so far.

I will have a look what is happening.

Meanwhile, if you need to get going quickly and do not need EFI support, use the 1.0 version which does not edit BCD store at all.

Please post long text output as attachment or upload it to file sharing service.

Program updated to 1.2, list of changes:

• Fixed bug where program running on Windows localized in other than English language would not add NT6 source
  • Improved handling when program is placed and run from directories which contain special characters- `~@#$%^&()-+=,; Single quote – ‘ is not supported in program directory path and there is a check for that
  • Added an advanced option for NT6 (Vista and later) sources to add Q-Dir File Explorer, which starts before Setup. This is useful to quickly browse disk contents and backup and restore files before launching Setup, rather than booting first in another OS to perform the same task. When Q-Dir is closed, Setup starts.
  • BootIce updated to 1.3.2.1

Download:

http://www.winsetupfromusb.com/downloads/

ISO file size is 4 217 568 KiB x 1024 = 4 318 789 632 bytes. FAT32 maximum supported file size is 4 294 967 295 bytes, so everything is as it should be, the warning is correct, since the whole ISO file is going to be copied.

You have the following options with this ISO:

1) Use FAT32 and 1.0 beta versions, which do not copy the whole ISO, but support only one source of this type. If you need EFI, it should need no further modifications if source is Windows 8.X

2) Use 1.0 and later versions and NTFS, multiple sources of this kind are supported, but no EFI support with NTFS, unless you load a NTFS driver, for EFI or motherboard manufacturer added NTFS EFI driver.

http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/drivers.html

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/46981-Install-Win8-Windows-8-1-UEFI-With-a-Over-sized%28over-4GB%29-install-wim