How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

hi! thank you for this awesome program!

i was trying to repair that boot.ini file in another computer with windows xp using your program (the lastest one available) and when i ran 1st part of installation, it jumped to the screen where it's shown partitions to install a new copy of windows. is there any way to copy windows xp cd/iso to pen drive so that screen with options (install, repair or exit) appears?

This is answer file for fully unattended setup, RC or Repair option won't be shown.

I don't recall which option exactly triggers the behaviour, been a long time, but if you now just need RC or Repair options, remove temporarily everything bellow the data section, starting with the Unattended section and put it back when ready. If you want to have both- partially unattended and RC and Repair options- do a little search in this board, it should be mentioned many times, or experiment a bit which option exactly triggers.

And please, read carefully ;)

Mostly because of lessons learned with the source for 0.x.x- one program rip-off, and one attempt for something I can't even figure out what was.

I have yet to see the source used for something meaningful or improvement, properly credited.

On the other side, which I consider more important, should anyone ask, I'd be happy answering how and what the program exactly does, as it's always been, that's the knowledge we all gain and share on these boards, besides, the log file reveals every action and the resulted config and other files, including the ones in the package, are all properly commented with credits and links to the source, nothing is hidden.

Secondly, because the code do need some cleaning, for which I currently don't have the spare time, nor the willingness to do it. The futures and bug fixes I'd like to implement are way higher priority.

hello, i got a multiboot usb drive, with a couple of Win 7, XP, PE's and more, created with the gorgeous tool WinSetupFromUSB, but after adding the Windows 8 ISO on the same drive, trying to boot Win 8 install, fails with the known error "a required cd/dvd driver is missing". What can be the problem? windows 7 boots from iso image without any problem

Put an empty file called debugme next to the Win8 ISO file and restart the setup, get to the point when the error is displayed and cancel/close setup windows one by one until it restarts.

All log files from PE phase will be copied next to it. Put them all in a zip file and post it here.

Did you happen to use an USB 3.0 port? Use 2.0 instead.

Did you try Win8 on another computer?

Is it vanilla source?

No, all is right! A question appeared after I tried add to USB Win8.1 AIO setup from image I made myself. After AIO image creating I was tested it in VMWare. There all installations works. It looks like it's only my fault. Never mind!

Put an empty file called debugme next to the Win8 ISO file and restart the setup, get to the point when the error is displayed and cancel/close setup windows one by one until it restarts. All log files from PE phase will be copied next to it. Put them all in a zip file and post it here. Did you happen to use an USB 3.0 port? Use 2.0 instead. Did you try Win8 on another computer? Is it vanilla source?

i tried, unfortunately setup doesn't write anything in that file. He is remaining empty after cancelling setup. I never used USB 3.0 , just 2.0. Tried another computer, and virtual machine , the result is the same. The source is from a original OEM multilanguage DVD that we're using in our organisation. Those DVD's we are receiving from MS, for further delivering to end-user

It should not write to the debugme file itself, but copy all log files next to it.

Did you place it next to the Win8 ISO file?

It must be without an extension.

Can you manually copy x:\windowds\winpresetup.log when you get the error?
Shift+F10 will bring up command prompt, then copy it to the USB disk.
It would really help if you copy the other log files as well to see what is happening:

x:\windows\inf\setupapi.offline.log

x:\windows\inf\setupapi.app.log

x:\windows\system32\winpeshl.log

x:\windows\setupact.log

x:\windows\setuperr.log

Just in case- you are using 1.0 version of the program, right?