How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

• 2 weeks later...

Should be working fine now.

The version Jaclaz has is a bit older one.

The sheer fact that TWO DIFFERENT versions of something with the same filename of "Win Setup_1-0RC4.7z" exist would be enough to allow some (heavy) calling names at you :w00t::ph34r:.

However you have just been awarded 2nd prize for the "2013 Developer that makes his/her products less easily available and/or that uses the least reliable hosting service on Earth and/or incoorectly naming files Award".2nd.gif

You could have got 1st prize :yes:, if it was not for al-jo over at reboot.pro, who clearly deserves it. :whistle:. (and beware that Olof Lagerkvist is currently in the race for the 2014 award. and seemingly well placed with his newish released tool)

For no apparent reason, I just downloaded a copy of your "less older" version, renamed it to:

Win Setup_1-0RC4_20130930.7z

and uploaded it to zshare:

http://www2.zshares.net/5gs5428liw79

jaclaz

Jaclaz, these are not announced versions and naming is just temporary. Shared only for people who need to use the new options and get going quickly before a new version is announced and who want to help with testing.

There is no "beta" in the version I posted.

Finishing off a simple website to resolve the issue with download links and help files as well.

As for the competition- I'd not agree to second or third place. It's got to be either everything or nothing. :lol:

Off to working on 0.8.4.3 gama17 :)

Well, the contrary of "announced" is "secret", which the Beta9 and/or rc4 (and later versions, be it beta, rc or *whatever*) are seemingly not, since you actually published a link to download them. ;)

Adding to the filename a date, possibly in iso-like format yyyymmdd or yyyy-mm-dd is just a way to know easily which version is more recent, without trying to "decode" the otherwise complex naming convention that the developer uses (and that of course is never publicly disclosed).

More generally, there are a lot of sites with completely unuseful/unneeded/not working programs, and when we happen to have an actually useful/working program, it has not a site. :unsure:

Life is tough! :(

If you are nice ;), I could consider your nomination for the "developer that makes good tools AND actually talks with the other peeps, BUT manages nonetheless to fail in publishing properly his/her works 2014 Award".

You have good chances to get the 1st prize for that. :w00t:

jaclaz

Well, the contrary of "announced" is "secret", which the Beta9 and/or rc4 (and later versions, be it beta, rc or *whatever*) are seemingly not, since you actually published a link to download them. ;)

I consider it announced when I post to a link and info in the first post as well as new post, announcing that there is new version. Any other version floating around is most likely one of the many work-in-progress versions, just my understanding.

All other points are already being taken care of, apart for the new competition :lol:

I'm sorry for my question, but tell me - how much RAM must be on computer for running bootable flash, created with Win Setup_1-0RC4 with Win 7, Win 8 and Win XP installs? 2GB will not be enough?

It entirely depends on what are you going to start from this USB stick and its requirements- windows setup or whatever. The initial part with the grub4dos boot manager does not have any special requirements, but what is going to be started might have.

Is that what your question was about?

You should refer to Microsoft requirements for each OS you're installing, but in any case 2GB should be well above the recommended minimum.

As already pointed out, prior to starting each installation, there is no special requirement, or it's well below the ones from the manufacturer.