How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

Hi guys,

I have a problem when installing WinXp to my Aspire r3610 using WinSetupFromUSB1.0 beta7...

First of all grub is not detecting its menu at startup. I managed to point grub to his menu, and chosen "First part of Windows XP Professional SP3 setup from partition 0". When setup starts (i think) it shows an error:

"The system encountered an I/O error accessing multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(4)partition(1). Setup cannot continue"

When I use the same flash on my desctop computer I get no errors, grub detects its menu finely, WinXP installation starts and shows its blue screen with first menu...

There is a bug in beta7, either fix it as described, or redo the USB disk using beta8.

Hi guys, can anyone tell me from where I can get

Custom drivers/F6 floppy image for 2000/XP/2003 Setup

and

Custom NTDETECT.COM file for 2000/XP/2003 Setup

Thanks you

F6 drivers you can obtain from motherboard/laptop manufacturer. Keep in mind there are some limitations in this method- only the default driver referenced in txtsetup.oem could be used if it supports multiple drivers. Amend txtsetup.oem accordingly.

As for ntdetect.com:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=112630&st=0&p=738009entry738009

Q3/A3

Do you need it? Do you get BSOD 0x0000007B when starting setup?

Hello ilko_t,

thanks for your fast answer, I manage to install Windows XP Professional SP3 on my Sony Vaio VGN-NR21Z without any problems, with the settings you can see it the print attached, latter I will try Win7 also and I will let you know

so until I get any error I will not install Custom drivers/NTDETECT, I was asking because I don't know what are them and for what are good on this project.

Cheers

post-362525-0-84303900-1348656989_thumb.

There is a bug in beta7, either fix it as described, or redo the USB disk using beta8.

Thanks ilko_t!

I tried the quick fix for beta 7 but i had got another problem with biosinfo.inf. Setup said it couldnt find it but I rechecked it was there. As I understood later the problem was my flash was seen in grub (and aparantely bios) as floppy (fd0). I have read an article here about flash detected as floppy that was not resolved as I understood... So I dropped that flash and used my 4gb kingston and it detected as (hd0,0). With WinSetupFromUSB1.0 8.7b I prepread it and setup start DID succeded and completed succesfully! :)

Thanks again for the program :thumbup:wub:

Edited by Romeno

Hi ilko_t,

I installed WIN 7 on my Sony Vaio VGN-NR21Z without any problems, but I got WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER and is very annoying, how I can uninstall it ? I want to start win7 normally

Thanks

Windows 7 Setup detected a previous Windows OS present and added it to the boot menu, nothing wrong in that.

Do you still have the XP?

If not- press start button, type "msconfig", go to BOOT tab, delete the "previous operating systems" entry and/or reduce timeout to 0 or 1.

May also use EasyBCD, or BootIce for this task.

there is no other system on hard right now, only win 7, the problem my be from the System Reserved Partition (100 MB), that was not formatted after I installed win 7, then win xp and now win 7 again, maybe from there he think I have multiple OS, my boot looks like print attached

when I try to change the time to 0 or 1 I got this message "Please enter a value between 3 and 999 seconds"

so my questions is if I can just remove it or uninstall in order to get a normal start up

I didn't tried the other tools because I don't have time right now

thanks

post-362525-0-85268500-1348859811_thumb.

I think I will do a full format again to see if I still get this.

:no:

Please don't shoot the mosquito with a nuclear weapon.

Install EasyBCD or any of the other tools mentioned. Edit the BCD settings and get it done properly, quick, and in a way you learned something new. :yes:

I think I will do a full format again to see if I still get this.

:no:

Please don't shoot the mosquito with a nuclear weapon.

Install EasyBCD or any of the other tools mentioned. Edit the BCD settings and get it done properly, quick, and in a way you learned something new. :yes:

Hello mr teacher,

today I learned something new :P, I installed EasyBCD as you advised and used the options you can see on prints attached

at Skip the boot menu > nothing happened

at Count down from 0 > the boot menu was showing for about 1 second, so I didn't like it

then I deleted the entry I have there and then I cannot boot to my OS. so I insert my USB repaired the system and restart. this fix was working out to get access to my OS back. I didn't like it either so I formatted it properly. the partition and the System Reserved Partition and now I have a normal boot with no "WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER", I mean I formatted/deleted the partitions and create them again.

so I still used the atomic bomb for the mosquito :D ( I did this, because with the USB it's take like 10-15 minutes for the format to complete ).

what city are your from ? we are neighbors.

post-362525-0-92219100-1348956394_thumb.

post-362525-0-68105200-1348956400_thumb.

post-362525-0-39162500-1348956405_thumb.

post-362525-0-49930500-1348956410_thumb.

Did you delete Windows 7 entry as well?

Yes, I deleted it as well, as I told you in previous post and after I restart it, I got a boot error and can't access my windows partition, in other words, the pc wont boot the OS, then I insert the USB and repair the boot menu ...