TCP/IP Limit changed after (automatic) update

deda

Hi!

I use a XP SP3 nLited version, till today everything was working fine, but today, after the Tuesday Patches (July), I found out that one of these updates back the TCP/IP limit to the Windows default. It happened with someone else?

Of course, English isn't my native idiom.

Hi!

I use a XP SP3 nLited version, till today everything was working fine, but today, after the Tuesday Patches (July), I found out that one of these updates back the TCP/IP limit to the Windows default. It happened with someone else?

Of course, English isn't my native idiom.

Your english is just fine (better than some who claim it to be their native tongue).

How were you able to determine this? I have a computer at home that is has the same configuration (nLite, SP3, ran July patches yesterday). I will check for you if mine has suffered the same fate.

TheFlash428, I check the Event Viewer some times, and I saw the information. (Thank you about English, but you lost the danger notion, encouraging me. I'm joking.)

redxii, you're right, I replaced the TCPIP.SYS and now it's workin' fine. Since I use XP is the first time that happens to me.

I replaced with SP2 (the one I have) and is working fine, but I read that SP3 changed a lot of things on Network. For example, on the Firewall settings was added "Networking Diagnostics for XP" on the Exceptions tab.

You don't really want to reuse an old DLL from the SP2 on a fully patched SP3 box. Reusing old DLLs that we know for sure have been patched for some exploits is opening yourself to some problems. Doubly so when you know they also have changed features in that since SP2 (like adding Network Access Protection). You want to use a patched version of the latest one. It only takes a couple minutes to do anyways.

Here's a link to a very quickly patched one (limit raised from 10 to 500 half open conns, should be plenty) from a fully patched XP SP3 box (en-CA locale): http://www.zshare.net/download/150739280f6ffd3d/

Ready to drop in an existing windows install (tested, works fine)

And it's already modifype'd, so you only need to makecab it to put on your CD if you want... (not tested)