Vlited Vista won't install KB952709 update

tulisan

why don't you follow this advice from nuhi

"Yeah this "hotfix" is actually a collection of hotfixes, it updates a bunch of components, meaning it is best to consider it as micro service pack, integrate and reinstall."

why don't you follow this advice from nuhi

"Yeah this "hotfix" is actually a collection of hotfixes, it updates a bunch of components, meaning it is best to consider it as micro service pack, integrate and reinstall."

I dont have time to reinstall everything.

I think I got what causes it not to install. It's not the Windows Mail, but rather the Quality of Service (QoS) and the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience components. I retained them and the KB got installed.

it is not big deal with this update. Just try it, if everything went fine that's good for you. if not, integrate it for your next install. this link can show you the number of file updated, for more information just google some of them and you'll see have a lite idea on which components it depends

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952709

Edited by hannubys

I do not want to create a new topic, but I also have some issue with integration of hotfixes:

Windows6.0-KB955020-x64.cab (64MB) gives an error during integration.

msxml4-KB941833-enu.exe - can not be integrated?

Windows-kb890830-v2.0.exe - can not be integrated?

Windows6.0-KB905866-v22-x64.cab - can be integrated, but when Windows Mail is removed new versions appear in WU, but do not install(as for all other versions)

Windows6.0-KB952709-x64 - integrates fine for me (Home Basi X64 NL SP1)

I do not want to create a new topic, but I also have some issue with integration of hotfixes:

Windows6.0-KB955020-x64.cab (64MB) gives an error during integration.

msxml4-KB941833-enu.exe - can not be integrated?

Windows-kb890830-v2.0.exe - can not be integrated?

Windows6.0-KB905866-v22-x64.cab - can be integrated, but when Windows Mail is removed new versions appear in WU, but do not install(as for all other versions)

Windows6.0-KB952709-x64 - integrates fine for me (Home Basi X64 NL SP1)

KB955020, why cab, why not download MSU?

Exe cannot be integrated, right. And it is MSI inside, even more complications.

Yeah I get those Mail Filter updates on WU as well, it probably detects parts of SP1 update traces which I leave so it doesn't fail.

again and again! if you can't install it, it's only because some of your components are removed. you cannot do nothing for that except make a new install. btw this update is not a critical update 'Windows6.0-KB955020' it add some words in the dictionary for english and german.

Edited by hannubys

Windows6.0-KB955020-x64.msu (64MB) also gives an error during integration.

I tried it and it works. Maybe you are not using full Vista as a starting point or your package manager cache is somehow corrupted or some service like WMI disabled.