need a tool like microsoft word

mikey5194

hey, i was using my microsoft word the other day to do homework, and then when i went to use the program again it was gone. This happened to me on my old computer too. does anyone have a link to a good program i can use/download that i can copy and paste text with pictures in it? Thanks guys.

the shortcut was probably deleted. shortcuts also don't delete themselves but it could be a program like desktop unused icon cleanup.

to locate word, go to c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\winword.exe or c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\winword.exe (or 2003 or 2007). Also change c:\ to your windows system drive if it is something different.

Yeah, I have to agree that I'd be a bit more concerned about the "disappearing" applications. When you try to open the file, does it actaully say that the computer can't figure out what program to use to open it, or are you getting some other type of error? To just "disappear" would be VERY STRANGE behavior, and if true, would be indicative of a much more serious problem--so you may want to let us know some more details about that.

That aside, I second the recommendation of Open Office as an alternative the the Microsoft Office suite.