Suggest a new LCD monitor

indianarchie

I am looking for a nice new LCD monitor in Mumbai, India. I am into gaming and movies quiet a bit, so I need a 2ms speed and good resolution. I prefer a 19' or a 22' size, on a budget of Rs. 10-13000/-. A couple of options I heard about include the Viewsonic vx1962 and 1940, both with 2ms and 19inch. Does anybody know how good these are? I also heard about the the vx2262 (again viewsonic) but apparently, it has a 5ms speed. Does anyone know any other options that I could check out? Maybe from other brands like samsung and LG? I asked around for samsung monitors, but apparently, none of them have a 2ms speed. Also, how good is the service for viewsonic? I havent bought any viewsonic prodcts before so am unfamiliar with this. Any suggestions?

I'm a fan of the 22" Samsung 226BW LCD. I've been using it for about 4 months now and it's been super. I'm into heavy gaming and minor movie watching. The only downside I've experienced is that the height is not adjustable. For me, it means that my center speaker covers the bottom 6" wide x 1/2" high of screen real-estate if I'm reclining back in my office chair. Not the worst thing in the world, but something to consider

I have a Syncmaster 17" CRT right now, and personally, I like the Samsung after sales service. I'll be combining the LCD with an Nvidia 7100GS 256mb video card. Hope the card supports a decent native resolution. My concern is I cant seem to find a 2ms LCD from Samsung in the market here - most are around 5ms. I have no experience with Viewsonic but their ads atleast say their LCDs are 2ms, and those models are available.

I went through some sites for the Samsung 226BW, and must say it sounds all good, both feature wise and user experience wise. Would be a pity if they have been discontinued, as E-66 asks above. One concern: What's the deal with the different panels (A, C, S...) this monitor is supposed to be available in? Can I choose the panel I want, as in return it if its not the original Samsung panel? Is there any great difference, and does the original Samsung (S) panel cost more than the other ones?

Also, how do these two Dell LCDs - SP2008WFP 20" and SP2208WFP 22" - sound? Found them here:

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

I dont need a Webcam or USB ports on the monitor - if they are there, fine, if not, makes no difference. Again, is HDCP really required/beneficial and can it be turned off? I really dont want any technology that can restrict what I watch on my monitor (like copy-protection used for DVDs/CDs and games). My screen, I watch what I wanna watch - and I decides what I wanna watch!! :rolleyes:

These comments are most useful, please keep them coming!! :thumbup

I believe the 226BW has been replaced by the T220 which is also 2ms. : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...amp;Tpk=samsung

I used to have 2 x ViewSonic VX series 19"... they were fine but they're nowhere near as good the Samsungs.

Dells are hit and miss. Some people love them and have no problems, others have nothing but problems... they're especially prone to high pitch hums/whines from the internal electronics.