nlite 1.4.7 and issue with label name for iso build.

mikesw

When I used nlite 1.4.7 and replaced the default WinLite label name with my own, the filename given to

the iso starts with WinLite but doesn't use the label name I specified as the filename.

Are you putting your label in twice? 1st in the Label box top left, and after you click make iso where the file name is?

Yes. because the default filename is "WinLite.iso" although I replaced the label name with a different name.

Are you putting your label in twice? 1st in the Label box top left, and after you click make iso where the file name is?

Yes. because the default filename is "WinLite.iso" although I replaced the label name with a different name.

Your answer is not very convincing.

Changing the label does not have any effect on the iso file name. You have to change it as well, this is normal.

It seems impossible that nLite creates an iso with a different name than the one you set.

The label name that you put in the upper left box ends up as the CD label (this info is stored inside the ISO image).

The file name of the ISO has nothing to do with that; nLite could change the default file name to the name in the box but, apparently Nuhi did not choose to or had other priorities :P .

After creating the ISO file you can change the file name but changing the CD label in the ISO is not so easy.

The label name that you put in the upper left box ends up as the CD label (this info is stored inside the ISO image).

The file name of the ISO has nothing to do with that; nLite could change the default file name to the name in the box but, apparently Nuhi did not choose to or had other priorities :P .

After creating the ISO file you can change the file name but changing the CD label in the ISO is not so easy.

I'm ok with this. It's just that the label and the filename of the Iso use the same default "WinLite" name.

This can is confusing and can mislead one that both are related based on their naming. :sneaky: