I need few tips

Hello. I am trying to make website about the journal we are starting. The journal will be publishing latest researches regarding health and medicine.

We cannot afford to hire professional services yet, so i have to come up with something.

So far i have a domain name .com and officelive as my host.

I am thinking about using a content management system to publish all the issues of the journal and index all the things in the articles.

To achieve this i will be using:

Client side scripting: Frontpage

Content management: Typo3

Questions no.1: Is my approach correct?

Question no.2: Will i be needing a database program as well?

Any type of advise or suggestion or a comment will be very helpful.

Thanks. :)

• 2 months later...

For starters by journal I could only assume a blog format which is the basic webpage that is all over the place. I would imagine that you would be inserting images, links, and maybe videos.

If not then I suggest using a automated blog system like

1. My journal

2. A Campus school webpage automated blog system. Which in most cases is free and you would need to talk with people at the sed place.

Questions no.1: Is my approach correct?

Question no.2: Will i be needing a database program as well?

In most cases a educational website just gives a link to a server that has the sed content in a list that is basically the server ( this is what I exprienced way back then when I would search by accident to see a server folder by accident. ).

Another thing I could only assume you mean stuff like excel and access. Where you are listing and catergorizing things.

I don't know anything about Typo3 since that is a organizer of some sort. I am just usted to seeing everything in one folder and the user only seeing the following page.

However from what your telling me you are creating a type of blog. In short.

1. If you know what you are doing and you have big big plans then you need a organizer program.

2. If your doing this in terms of informing people you know who is going to skim threw everything then you don't need this. However I am no medicine person so I can't image the webpage such person would be usted to seeing. The only pages that you make me think of is pages like Educational pages like blackboard for example.

3. If you really need these helper programs I suggest finding them.

Edited by Ludwig Von Cookie Koopa

• 3 months later...