Help|WPI With Multi-Boot AIO-DVD?! How?..

Hi,

I'm making an aio-dvd multiboot with XP versions..

can someone help me out how do define the WPI folder to run with each windows Setup?

This is my folder layout:

AIO-DVD

|

|->BOOT

|

|->Setup|

|

->5 Windows Verios(Like, HomeEN->I386

ProEN->I386

where should WPI Folder be?

where do i put the WPI Loader?

Thank's allot!

there once was a story...

ONE WPI to rule them all, one WPI folder to use for all...

Anyways. You do it JUST like normal. Add one wpi folder and config it for multi-defualts. Then in each OS'es folder you add the codes(s) to run wpi, the provided $oem$ folders should work JUST fine.

If you wanted to you could even get fancier and use if os exists statements to configure it. Say in my config file I have sever Vista apps and they only appear on the front page if WPI is being ran on Vista...

thank you very very much for your respond..

Although I didn't get it..

How to get it done?

what I understand is that:

put WPI main folder in the root of the DVD & $OEM$ folder in each I386 windows folder?

can you be more specific with your explanation? and give any visual mapping for it.. :)

How do I connect between them?...

thank's again!

OK lets try this again.

1 WPI folder at the root of your disk.

1 runwpi.exe in each $oem$ folder.

You only need the one wpi folder because each install calls to the same location.

Use the provided $OEM$ downloads for running WPI.

I will mock up some pics inna little bit.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Thanks man!!!

I've downloaded the $OEM$ folder, put it where u said, but there isn't "runwpi.exe" in it... there is only 2 files named:

1. cmdlines.txt

2. RunWPI.inf

that's it... what should I do...?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another short question 4 u..:)

to turn this WPI option, I just need to tell the winint.sif to "tell" the setup to use $OEM$ setup? and that's it?...

O.K!

thanks a-l-o-t man!!!!

you've really helped me!

Edited by nirh

That one works also (There are 3 $oem$ downloads) the one you picked runs WPI AFTER logon not before.

Yes it's just 2 files.

No you don't need to "tell" windows to use the $oem$ folder, That is just for using the OEM folder to copy files. It will read and use the cmdlines.txt regardless.

not sure if this help you, but I let mine run after each install and if I dont want to use it, I click "exit" or let the timer count down. I also rewrite the autorun at the root of my DVD to point at wpi.hta, so when the dvd is inserted it will run WPI instead of the Windows installer. Also, if the dvd is already in the pc, you can just click on the drive and it will open WPI as well. This makes it handy if I am using it to install software on computers that have not just been formatted.

Edited by gospeed

Thanks alot..

I didnt' understand the part of "This makes it handy if I am using it to install software on computers that have not just been formatted."

if you want to install just the softwares without the windows?...

thanks!

yes thats correct- I use my DVD for systems that already have Windows sometimes. Since I never use the features the Windows disc pops up (autorun) I change it to my WPI

Edited by gospeed

In http://www.wpiw.net they say that the WPI folder should located with the I386 + $OEM$ (the one we talked about)...

now, my folder layout is like in the picture..

that will be O.K?...

As you can c from the picture, the $OEM$ folder are in the Setup ->HomeIL, etc... & so as the I386 inside...

The WPI folder is in the root folder of the AIO-DVD..

I think that something's wrong here... like I said in the beginning of my post..

post-174046-1215943736_thumb.jpg

Edited by nirh

"Cracks"? Seriously can't you at least hide that fact?

The layout is correct.

You need to use one of the "RunWPI.exe" $oem$ folders as I think the .inf one will provide the wrong path.

see the code that is inside the runwpi.exe reads like so:

for /f "delims=: tokens=1" %%i in ("%~dp0") do set drive=%%i:
set wpipath=%drive%\wpi

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY%\WPI /V 1 /D "%wpipath%\WPI.hta" /f

MKDIR %systemroot%\Resources\Themes\Royale\Shell\NormalColor
xcopy /y "%myfiles%\Royale.msstyles" "%systemroot%\Resources\Themes\Royale"
xcopy /y "%myfiles%\ShellStyle.dll" "%systemroot%\Resources\Themes\Royale\Shell\NormalColor"

regedit /s "%myfiles%\theme.reg"

As you see its sets the code of Drive:\wpi\wpi.hta to run.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

so youre saying that is my layout is O.K, and I should use the one with the RunWPI.exe file?

another prob is that I'm using DriversPack so they run at the same time and this will be a problem... is there a fix for that?

thanks a-lot for your help!

Edited by nirh

so youre saying that is my layout is O.K, and I should use the one with the RunWPI.exe file?

another prob is that I'm using DriversPack so they run at the same time and this will be a problem... is there a fix for that?

thanks a-lot for your help!

I allways runing wpi with code below:

for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\WIN51 set CDROM=%%i:

set wpipath=%CDROM%\wpi

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY%\999 /V 1 /D "%wpipath%\WPI.hta" /f

make with this text file anyname.cmd and put it in i386/svcpack . don't forget to add anyname.cmd to svcpack.in_ :hello:

Edited by minutka15