SP1 Slipstream problem

willz

I'm trying to intergrate SP1 into my Vista X64 install but there seems to be a problem, maybe it is me just been inpatient but I dunno.

When it starts it gets like half way, then it just stops there, even after 60mins, and my memory usage is at like 98% and cpu going abit crazy, this is on a pc with 4gb ram and an E6600 @ 3.4Ghz so should not be so slow. Does it need some pre SP1 files adding too? I just get the DVD Files on the HDD then the SP1 isntall and start it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Willz.

Aye it works this time in like 60mins :).

Dont I need to install any hotfixes before adding SP1? As when you install SP1 through windows update it requres loads of updates to be installed first. Also is there a list of hotfixes recommended to add to the installation?

Aye it works this time in like 60mins :).

Dont I need to install any hotfixes before adding SP1? As when you install SP1 through windows update it requres loads of updates to be installed first. Also is there a list of hotfixes recommended to add to the installation?

Those hotfixes/files are included in the SP1 installer, so no you dont need them seperately.