VPN SBS2003

psb

Hi all,

I am connecting to my SBS2003 server via VPN. I can connect without any problems and access files, but after a period of time I can no longer access anything - it seems as though the tunnel closes.

I'm not sure why this happens as it shows as connected in the taskbar. The only option I can find that is relevant is in the VPN properties on the client pc with this option: 'Idle time before hanging up' >> This is set to 'Never'

Any ideas why this is happening? It's a pain because whenever I want to access something I have to disconnect and reconnect the VPN connection.

Many thanks! :-)

Thanks for the reply.

This is where my knowledge fails me.

All I did was set up the VPN connection, allow VPN access on the server and that was it. How do ensure that GRE protocol is forwarded correctly? Is a server or client side setting?

It is neither client side nor server side it is on the firewall you have, you must have at least port 1723 forwarded to the VPN server (port 1723 is PPTP). You should also have a seperate port forwarding rule to point the GRE protocol to the VPN server too :)