Unattended Adobe Reader 9

oskingen

For more information about the commande line option, type: AdbeRdr90_en_US.exe /? You'll get the following command:

/sAll Silent Mode for product

/sPB Silent Mode with Progress Bar for product

/rs Reboot Suppress

/rps Reboot Prompt Suppress

/ini "PATH" Alternative initialization file

/sl "LANG_ID" Set Language; LANG_ID - Code in decimal digits

/l Enable Error Logging

/msi[Command line] Parameters for MSIEXEC

When you launch the .exe file it will extract the MSI in this location

Application Data\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Setup Files\READER9

• 1 month later...

When I run the AdbeRdr90_en_US.exe /? command I do not get the list of options but rather it starts to run the install GUI. Why? Are there different versions of the AdbeRdr90_en_US.exe file?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Some folks over at the Adobe forum note that you can get the Reader 9 installer sans Adobe.com and Adobe Air HERE. Download the AdbeRdr90_en_US_Std.exe installer. Here's my AutoIt script to install unattendedly, arrange icons, get rid of the EULA nag, and remove "speed launcher" from Run:

RunWait ( @ScriptDir & '\AdbeRdr90_en_US_Std.exe /sPB /rs')
FileDelete( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Adobe Reader*.lnk")
FileDelete( @DesktopCommonDir & "\Adobe Reader*.lnk")
FileCreateShortcut(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Accessories\Adobe Reader 9.lnk")
RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AdobeViewer', 'TrustedMode', 'REG_DWORD', '00000000')
RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AdobeViewer', 'EULA', 'REG_DWORD', '00000001')
RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AdobeViewer', 'Launched', 'REG_DWORD', '00000001')
RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AdobeViewer', 'EULA', 'REG_DWORD', '00000001')
RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\AdobeViewer', 'Launched', 'REG_DWORD', '00000001')
RegDelete('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run', 'Adobe Reader Speed Launcher')

Edited for typos.

Edited by blinkdt

Nice find, Cluberti, I might add that reg tweak to disable the updater.

@akoop: you need to run the installer with the /? switch and LET IT RUN. The program will not install. Running C:\Users\MeMeMe\Desktop\AdbeRdr90_en_US_Std.exe /?, for example, will run "Adobe Reader 9 - Setup" but end with a simple Window listing all of the setup switches available, as stated by hannubys.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

You can use the Adobe Customization Wizard 9, execulte the installer adobe reader goes to the folder "C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Acrobat 9.0 \ Setup Files \ (AC76BA86-7AD7-1046-7B44-A92000000001)". copy all the files open ACW9 and make the changes that you want, use the addon maker to create the ADDom, not need any command. sorry for English

Adobe customization wizard