Can you change the resolution to 1440*900?

aqcww

my monitor is 19" lcd.the best resolution is 1440*900.but the resolution list doesn't have 1440*900~~ :ph34r:

xp can change the resolution to 1440*900.what's the solution in windows98?

Don't worry, you can enjoy widescreen resolutions in Win9x. It just takes a little tweaking. There are several solutions actually.

1) You can mod the *.inf file from your drivers to add the custom resolution with the refresh rate that matches your screen (probably 60hz).

2) You can also try to add the resolution to your registry and reboot. Let me see if I can remember how I did... I think you should go to :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Display\XXXX\MODES\Y]and add this key

[1440,900]
"(Default)"="60,70"
"ModeRefreshRateList"="60,70,72,75,85,100,120,140,144,150,170,200"

Basically, replace the XXXX with the number of your card (usually 0000 on a fresh install).

Add this for 8, 16 and 32, which the Y stands for.

If you did it right and installed your screen drivers correctly, when you reboot, you should have the 1440x900 resolution avaible. :)

Tell me if it didn't work.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've got a Thinkpad X31 with a ATI Radeon Mobility running XP pro. I tried to connect an external wide LCD display (1440*900) but it looks like that resolution is not handled by my current config.

Is there any way to add it? (without rewriting the drivers) :)

Thanks in advance,

gimarg

Hi,

I've got a Thinkpad X31 with a ATI Radeon Mobility running XP pro. I tried to connect an external wide LCD display (1440*900) but it looks like that resolution is not handled by my current config.

Is there any way to add it? (without rewriting the drivers) :)

Thanks in advance,

gimarg

Does your monitor support that resolution?how big is your monitor?

Howerer,That worked perfectly on my computer.

GeForce 6000 series card, 82.69 drivers:

I can get 1440x900 widescreen. If I restart my computer everything boots up okay. But, if I just choose to shutdown my computer, then it hangs with a blinking cursor in the middle of the monitor screen. Has anyone experienced this? How come it will hangs on shutdown, but not on restart? Any known fix for this? Thanks.

Edited by sam13484

GeForce 6000 series card, 82.69 drivers:

I can get 1440x900 widescreen. If I restart my computer everything boots up okay. But, if I just choose to shutdown my computer, then it hangs with a blinking cursor in the middle of the monitor screen. Has anyone experienced this? How come it will hangs on shutdown, but not on restart? Any known fix for this? Thanks.

Unfortunately, it is a known problem with nVidia 80 series 9x drivers...

Have a read through the 82.69 drivers topic: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=97140

I even get it sometimes during restart, but mostly with shutdowns.

I just leave my PC on, and turn off the monitor...

The 82.16 drivers don't seem to have the shutdown issue whilst also providing alot of widescreen resolutions. Perhaps try using them as well?

http://www.bfgtech.com/CMDocs/BFGTech/NVID...x(82_16)int.zip

Thanks for this possible solution. I'll try the drivers later this evening on a clean install and see how it goes.

-------------------------------------------

I tried the 82.16 drivers, but I couldn't get 1440x900, and the computer still hangs on shutdown. But, the suggestion was appreciated anyways.

Edited by sam13484