nLite didn't integrate my device drivers

agentphish

Hello-

I am a little confused. I followed the guide on nLite's website to the T. I have never slipstreamed anything before so this was my first go at using nLite. It seemed very easy and straightforward when I followed the guide.

I started with an XPSP3 ISO that had all the latest Intel SATA Controller drivers already integrated so having my drive detected during the initial setup was not a problem.

I selected a couple of hotfixes to integrate w/ my ISO, like the Universal Audio Architecture and .Net updates. (THESE INTEGRATED/INSTALLED FINE)

I selected all of my drivers that i wanted to integrate into Windows for my devices.

When I got through with the install of Windows, and booted up, I was nowhere! All of my devices were in device manager, but none of them had the drivers installed, they were all yellow exclamation marks and didn't have their correct names (i.e. my WLAN was just an "ethernet controller").

Just wondering what i might have done wrong.

I have a Compaq C762NR laptop (originally Vista Home Premium-based) and these are the XP drivers, that I know to work 100%, that I attempted to integrate:

Intel GM965 Chipset

Intel x3100 Video

Atheros 5006 WLAN

Alps Trackpad driver

Conexant HD Audio

Conexant 56k Modem

HP/Compaq Quicklaunch volume controls

Maybe I am reading "driver integration" capabilities of nLite wrong, and that only means integrating drivers into the initial setup of XP (the blue screen text based part) but I didn't think that was the case.

Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA.

nLite has no problem to integrate every textmode and "normal" (=PnP) device driver, if you

a ) take a clean ("untouched") OS CD as source and

b ) point to any INF file of the driver files.

Even if nLite did integrate the drivers correctly, it is possible, that the OS Setup doesn't install them.

Possible reasons:

a ) the integrated driver is not WHQL certified or

b ) the OS Setup doesn't find the appropriate device.

Edited by Fernando 1

The magic words are "Vista" and "XP".

There are two possibe reasons why the installation fails :

1 Don´t nlite XPSP3 on Vista

2 If Vista is preinstalled, you have to check-out the tutorial*, how to get rid of it, before you can install XP

*Sorry, link is not working... maybe Fernando could help out !? :blushing::hello:

Agi