XP SP3 .net framework 3

andrewcrawford

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get this installed onto a fresh install of xp sp3 as i have tried and it keeps giving erros about msxml 6 parse and xpsec and other program being missing. I know i am wanting a unattened install but i done this manaully to see why it wouldnt install and i foudnt eh above errors. jsut wonderign if it jsut me or if other have experaince the problem. also downloadin it from micrsoft catalog includes updates for them programs meantioned so not sure if it a sp3 bug or something else

I've had 0 issues installing v3 or any other version on XP SP3 so far.

If you look around, you'll see that some people repackaged them too. You can get a silent/switchless all-in-one installer for 1.1 SP1, 2 SP1, 3 SP1 and 3.5 (about 50MB total IIRC).

I've had 0 issues installing v3 or any other version on XP SP3 so far.

If you look around, you'll see that some people repackaged them too. You can get a silent/switchless all-in-one installer for 1.1 SP1, 2 SP1, 3 SP1 and 3.5 (about 50MB total IIRC).

making the switchless one isnt a problem just wanted to knwo if there was a problem because framework 3 doesnt appear on updates list when you try to update after a frresh install so thought it was a compabilty issue