Asus pc probe Fan and Voltage problem

Blackwar

I have no heat sinks but i got 3 fans pointing at my cpu and a cpu fan on it which keeps it at 29C, highest it ever got was 33C while i play games n s***. [/quote:e4c1f45fb0]

wow... if it runs at that low then ur comp must run at full performance all the time.. sweet

:)

BLACKWAR

yeah...i think i need an upgrade...the only way to tell what the temp is on this thing is to stick a thermometer in there....and i wont buy anything that i dont build (no nasty suprises that way) [/quote:45f765437e]

You are completely right.. i dunno why i bought one of these crap s**ts anyway.. Knowing the temp of ur comp comes real handy...

:cry

Okay, so its a name brand PC that runs hot.

The on-board sensors may or may not function correctly? My experience with ASUS sensors and probes is that when the boards connectors are not firmly seated or there exsists "lent or debri" within the connector's plugs or on the prongs I receive inaccurate readings. I have seen cramped system configurations where the cables where crimped and in one case a small portion of the cable was shaved and in contact with the metal bottom of the case. A small case will also cause heat build-up vs. a large roomy case that was designed with air flow in mind.

Just the fact that you purchased a major manufacturer PC with a name brand mobo is a contribute to a quality built machine. XPerties is correct in his assumption that the PC was HP, Compaq, etc. because they traditionaly install 3rd party health monitoring software that conflicts with original manufacturer hardware. Keep using the ASUS software and think more about air flow. Excellent advise in this thread concerning distribution of heat within the case is a good start. Two additonal fans (if the power supply has the extra power cales) or maybe the PCI types if limited to core power supply leads. www.pcmods.com is a cool site to see how the pros configure top of the line systems and radio shack has essentially the same hardware at half the price.

Are you over clocking? No matter what, I always replace store bought PCs fans when over clocking. The Orb is my first choice.

MSNwar - The FatMan

Okay, so its a name brand PC that runs hot.

The on-board sensors may or may not function correctly? My experience with ASUS sensors and probes is that when the boards connectors are not firmly seated or there exsists "lent or debri" within the connector's plugs or on the prongs I receive inaccurate readings. I have seen cramped system configurations where the cables where crimped and in one case a small portion of the cable was shaved and in contact with the metal bottom of the case. A small case will also cause heat build-up vs. a large roomy case that was designed with air flow in mind.

Just the fact that you purchased a major manufacturer PC with a name brand mobo is a contribute to a quality built machine. XPerties is correct in his assumption that the PC was HP, Compaq, etc. because they traditionaly install 3rd party health monitoring software that conflicts with original manufacturer hardware. Keep using the ASUS software and think more about air flow. Excellent advise in this thread concerning distribution of heat within the case is a good start. Two additonal fans (if the power supply has the extra power cales) or maybe the PCI types if limited to core power supply leads. www.pcmods.com is a cool site to see how the pros configure top of the line systems and radio shack has essentially the same hardware at half the price.

Are you over clocking? No matter what, I always replace store bought PCs fans when over clocking. The Orb is my first choice.

MSNwar - The FatMan [/quote:b1e4ad222c]

Thanks man

ill consider what you said..

but one thing,

my mobo doesnt have any sensors at all.. i talked to HP about this and they said so too.. its kinda like a OEM strip down version. And i tested this by leaving my comp off overnight and turning it on in the morning and looking at the temp right away, it still said 40 celcius.. its always like that :)

BLACKWAR

Is it a small tower sitting inside a desk enclosure or next to wall heater or over a floor heater?

Put a themometer inside the case. Record the temperature at different times, eg, before you turn it on, after its been running for a while (15 minutes). If the temperature raises and falls then you are okay and just need to distribute the heat. If it remains constant it is sitting too close to a heat source. Play with it. (No Not Like That, lol).

MSNwar - The FatMan

Is it a small tower sitting inside a desk enclosure or next to wall heater or over a floor heater?

Put a themometer inside the case. Record the temperature at different times, eg, before you turn it on, after its been running for a while (15 minutes). If the temperature raises and falls then you are okay and just need to distribute the heat. If it remains constant it is sitting too close to a heat source. Play with it. (No Not Like That, lol).

MSNwar - The FatMan [/quote:d1bf851352]

LOL

nope, the computer isn't sitting next to a heat source.. I have asked this to HP, my computer doesn't have a temperature sensor.. whatever i do, i can not get it to tell temps.. [b:d1bf851352]Play with it. (No Not Like That, lol).[/b:d1bf851352] LOL, that was **** funny, made my day :)

BLACKWaR

well i made my own 60 to 80 mm converter and put on okay heatsink,temp doesnt go much above 42 with a p3 933 running at 1200 1.95v core , using a fairly low speen fan 3800 rpm,i can run 4800 or higher fan but noise was a concern for me so i put up with higher temps

shown with a standard p3 cooler for comparison