[SOLVED] WMP11 slipstreamer: still "WMPEnc.exe /RegServer" p

ceztko

The problem described here and confirmed here is still present in the last version of WMP11 slipstreamer, the 1.3.1.0. As anonim1979 seemed to have offered a workaround, that seems to be merged in 1.2.3.0, why the problem is still here?

EDIT: solved, i was overwriting the modified sysoc.inf

Edited by ceztko

To help debugging, here is my wbemoc.inf after WMP11 slipstreamer processing (wbemoc-wmp11-slip.inf), after nlite processing (WBEMOC-nlite.INF), svcpack after WMP11 slipstreamer processing (SVCPACK_wmp11_slip.inf), svcpack after nlite processing (SVCPACK.INF). Consider I first run WMP11 slipstreamer alone, and after I run nlite on the processed source.

wbemoc_wmp11_slip.inf

WBEMOC_nlite.INF

SVCPACK.INF

SVCPACK_wmp11_slip.inf

Edited by ceztko

If you compare both sets of files, the 2 wbemoc.inf are identical, except that nLite just stripped all comments from the file (and it seems you removed System Restore and Security Center with it).

If you compare both SVCPACK.INF, they are formatted correctly...

It seems that there is a broken addon you are integrating that is breaking your SYSOC.INF, so when WMP.INF is trying to register itself, the file isn't there. This is not the slipstreamer's fault. (only then it was because it was editing wbemoc.inf incorrectly, but this has been fixed since).

Edited by n7Epsilon

If you compare both sets of files, the 2 wbemoc.inf are identical, except that nLite just stripped all comments from the file (and it seems you removed System Restore and Security Center with it).

If you compare both SVCPACK.INF, they are formatted correctly...

It seems that there is a broken addon you are integrating that is breaking your SYSOC.INF, so when WMP.INF is trying to register itself, the file isn't there. This is not the slipstreamer's fault. (only then it was because it was editing wbemoc.inf incorrectly, but this has been fixed since).

I AM breaking my own SYSOC.INF :lol: . I have a modified, already processed by nlite, sysoc.inf in my $OEM$/$$/Inf directory. This is because I am adding the W2K IIS to the WXP HOME build. If you are telling me that wmp slipstreamer needs some modifications to sysoc.inf, good: I just know what to do! :angel Thanks for the moment, I'll keep you informed.

I'll keep you informed.

Confirmed, I was overwriting the modified sysoc.inf with my own. If I can give an advice, when WMP11 slipstreamer finish its job, in the pop-up window the user could be warned on modifying files such as wbemoc.inf, svcpack.inf and sysoc.inf. In my case, I hadn't any clue WMP11 slipstreamer was modyfing sysoc.inf.

Thanks for the prompt help (and you and Boooggy for the great app)!!!

Francesco