bought Vista month a go but not installed -Vlite questions

john959

hello

i bought vista ultimate and am scared to install it because i run games and last i checked it's slower with old games than XP

i have few questions

- is there a way to speed SP1 slipstream? like removing the languages packs then slipstreaming? i need English & Arabic only

- is there a way to get the latest vista patches in one pack for vlite after SP1?

- in Ultimate retail box. i have two DVDs " 32+64bit " if i install 32bit can i later install 64bit? or upgrade to 64bit but using same product key?

and last

i bought ultimate a month or more and i heared that MS going to release another windows called 7 in a year or two... why?

a retail ultimate box cost no less than 300 USD " without discount or special offers " and am sick of paying crazy amount of money to MS

they should at least let vista last 5 to 6 years more and improve it a little bit more to make it worth the money

thank you

sorry for the bad engrish :ph34r:

peace

Before you bought Vista, you should have researched it a little more and you would have probably found that it's not really that good. It's up there with Windows ME which was short lived. If your a gamer, I would recommend sticking with Windows XP as you said, the games run faster. Or you could have put your $300 toward a game console that's intended for gaming (like Xbox 360, PS3, Wii)

As for MS Waiting 5-6 years, I think it's better they focus their energies into a better OS! Instead of taking all the negative feedback and trying to patch Vista, They can start clean and build in all the improvements from the ground up.

Windows ME came out in 2000 and was replaced by Windows XP in 2001. Windows XP took 2-3 years to become usable by my standards and works fine today. But I thing Vista is following Windows ME's footsteps, that's why MS is working on Windows 7.

Before you bought Vista, you should have researched it a little more and you would have probably found that it's not really that good. It's up there with Windows ME which was short lived. If your a gamer, I would recommend sticking with Windows XP as you said, the games run faster. Or you could have put your $300 toward a game console that's intended for gaming (like Xbox 360, PS3, Wii)

As for MS Waiting 5-6 years, I think it's better they focus their energies into a better OS! Instead of taking all the negative feedback and trying to patch Vista, They can start clean and build in all the improvements from the ground up.

Windows ME came out in 2000 and was replaced by Windows XP in 2001. Windows XP took 2-3 years to become usable by my standards and works fine today. But I thing Vista is following Windows ME's footsteps, that's why MS is working on Windows 7.

I totally agree :thumbup

I totally agree :thumbup

Yep, Vista is following in Me's footstep's (not), and that's why that Microsoft has announced that Vista is going to be the foundation of Windows 7.

Why is it when anyone asks a simple question about Vista, it get's turned into a Vista bashing? Is it because people haven't tried it? A "friend" had it and didn't like it? Or do some people speak from personal experience? If it's the latter, is it actually Vista that messed up on you, or was it a bad driver or tweak? Anyway, Vista is nothing like Me. Vista is far more stable and secure that Me ever thought of being!

To answer a couple of your questions, yes you can slipstream SP1 into a vLite edition. As for all of the patches after SP1, I "think" there might be a pack out there, but if you search the internet, you should find at least a list of the updates, and then you can grab them from Microsoft and incorporate them into a vLite version.

As for your last question, you can install 32 bit now and then install 64 bit later using the same key on the same computer. If I remember correctly, the "Retail" version is the one that'll let you do that.

i heared that MS going to release another windows called 7 in a year or two... why?

They pretty much always did this. Only Vista took so long. They're going back to their 2 to 3 years or so release cycle instead.

they should at least let vista last 5 to 6 years more and improve it a little bit more to make it worth the money

Every version of Windows is supported for at least 10 years.

Yep, Vista is following in Me's footstep's (not), and that's why that Microsoft has announced that Vista is going to be the foundation of Windows 7.

Exactly :)

Why is it when anyone asks a simple question about Vista, it get's turned into a Vista bashing? Is it because people haven't tried it? A "friend" had it and didn't like it? Or do some people speak from personal experience? (...) Anyway, Vista is nothing like Me. Vista is far more stable and secure that Me ever thought of being!

No no... They heard from someone on the internet it sucks, so it must be true! (most of the bashers never tried it). It's not like WinME at all.

i slipstreamed SP1 into vista and it takes more than half an hour :wacko:

is there away to speed it up?

with nlite and XP just few minutes

what if i screw things up the first time and i need to make a new Vlite vista

pls a fix to this problem

i slipstreamed SP1 into vista and it takes more than half an hour :wacko:

is there away to speed it up?

with nlite and XP just few minutes

what if i screw things up the first time and i need to make a new Vlite vista

pls a fix to this problem

Good things come to those that wait.

In other words, it does take a little bit to get SP1 added to Vista. Unlike with XP, there is a lot done with SP1 so it takes longer. You wouldn't want it to fly through it and possibly screw something up because you're in a hurry, would you?

If somethings gets messed up the first time, you go in and figure out what it was and why and create a new disc (it happens to all of sooner or later), however with the way Nuhi set up vLite, pay attention to any warnings about removing something that might be needed, and don't try for a super wild configuration the first time, and you should do OK.

Once you get the hang of creating vLite versions of Vista, then work on trying to set up a "wilder" configuration.