Manually slipstream WMP11? IE7?

Hey, i'm trying to make myself an unattended windows xp sp3 cd. Right now i have sp3 slipstreamed; i just tested and it works fine. then i tried integrating/slipstreaming WMP11 using the integrator/slipstreamer provided on MSFN, but it always causes a corrupt txtsetup.sif or some sourcediskfiles error (saying that the line sp3.cab is set to 0). i'm using a chinese OS and i think thats probably the cause of the weird things. (i went to check txtsetup.sif after using the slipstreamer and the text is totally messed up due to chinese encoding errors). nLite also messes up the installation when trying to do integrations, so i ended up manually integrating those hotfixes.

so just wondering, is there a way to manually integrate/slipstream windows media player 11 into this install? what about IE7?

so just wondering, is there a way to manually integrate/slipstream windows media player 11 into this install? what about IE7?

HFSLIP is fully multi-language and supports direct integration of most MS updates, IE7, WMP11, DX9c-extras and additionally supports nLite addons, silent switchless installers, reg-tweak files, T-13 or T-0 install selections etc. etc.

In addition to that, then it can be run completely unattended with the help of an answer file, and since it's open-source and written in plain cmd syntax, then it's easilly modded if having special preferences and you can see for yourself exactly what's done in each single step of the process ...

Homepage : http://hfslip.org/

MSFN Sub-forum : http://www.msfn.org/board/HFSLIP-f129.html

Edited by Martin H

i've tried using HFSLIP, but it gave me an error message regarding unable to detect system version... i'm pretty sure i follwed the instructions correctly..any ideas why? (i copied the SP3 source into the SOURCE folder and the IE7+WMP11 into the HF folder...did i do it wrong?)

Does that mean i cant place an already slipstreamed windows xp source into the SOURCE folder?

NO, that is fine...

If you go to TC's update list for WinXP-SP3 and tick IE7 and WMP11, then it will show you which updates and installers are needed, and in which folder they should be placed into :

The WMP11 and IE7 installers should go in HF, together with the post-SP3 updates.

The wbemoc.cab file should go in HFCABS(fix for MS bug in SP3).

Finally, then modifype.exe goes in HFTOOLS.

This is then just for WMP11 and IE7 + the post-SP3 updates, but you can also select other things to slipstream, like e.g. DX9c-extras and updated versions of the Windows/Microsoft update engines and to make Microsoft Update the default etc. etc.

If you then still get an error when running HFSLIP, then please post a bug-report at the HFSLIP sub-forum here at MSFN...

Edit: Note that only clean sources are supported by HFSLIP, so this means either an untouched source, or an untouched source with a SP slipstreamed, but not sources which have been processed with WMP-Slipstreamer/nLite...

Edited by Martin H

Yay! it works!! thanks!

I didnt notice that you couldnt use a nLite slipstreamed version, i guess that's why it failed. then i popped in my old SP2 and did everything else you suggested, and it works. Thanks!

You're most welcome, mate :)

If you run into any further problems with HFSLIP, then please stop by it's sub-forum, as the HFSLIP devs there are always very helpfull and friendly...

CU, Martin.

• 4 weeks later...
You're most welcome, mate :)

If you run into any further problems with HFSLIP, then please stop by it's sub-forum, as the HFSLIP devs there are always very helpfull and friendly...

CU, Martin.

I am a bit late to this post but I have to agree wholeheartly "HFSLIP devs there are always very helpfull and friendly..." :thumbup