Problems with SP3 Slipstream DVD and CD Key

morty

Hello I have recently bought a new 320GB HDD and want to put XP on so I am using nlite to try and create a disk that is bootable with SP3 on it however when it all appers to work fine and the .iso is created and burned to a DVD no problem however when I am asked for the product key (in the XP installation, I can get that far :) ) i type the product key as stated on the yellow product code label but installer tells me that "The CD Key Which You Entered Is Invalid. Please Try Again." what have i done wrong??? Please help me I have tried several times now but to no avail :realmad:

Many Thanks Morty!

P.S. I'm new around here so hello all!

sorry I may not have made it clear that the CD Key works when i put the original cd in and i have installed XP using the original cd many times using the CD key however now that I am trying to slipstream SP3 into it and make it a .iso that has to be put onto another cd - i went with dvd (is that important?) only when using this new cd does the cd not work what havce i done wrong?

Yes I am currently running vista off this computer so I need to be running XP in order for this to work would windows 98 do?

Yes--there have been documented errors concerning slipstreaming SP3 on a host box running vista. I thought that nLite had fixed that, but maybe not. I've never tried to do it on a vista computer before.

Please nrever use any other software because this makes a mess during installation of xp. Even MS confirmed this. Use integrated switches to slipstream SP3.

Please nrever spread bad or incorrect information... nLite does a better job at everything than MS could ever even imagine doing. Don't hate. In fact, the slipstream method MS recommends isn't even used for making a CD (since, obviously, MS never wants people to burn a Windows CD), it's used to "update" an "installation share". nLite does a better job at actually making it a CD.

edit: That KB article you linked ISN'T EVEN RELATED to the post you wrote... but it's probably the solution to this problem... could you at least have said that instead of dissing nLite?

Edited by Volatus

Please nrever use any other software because this makes a mess during installation of xp. Even MS confirmed this. Use integrated switches to slipstream SP3.

Please nrever spread bad or incorrect information... nLite does a better job at everything than MS could ever even imagine doing. Don't hate. In fact, the slipstream method MS recommends isn't even used for making a CD (since, obviously, MS never wants people to burn a Windows CD), it's used to "update" an "installation share". nLite does a better job at actually making it a CD.

edit: That KB article you linked ISN'T EVEN RELATED to the post you wrote... but it's probably the solution to this problem... could you at least have said that instead of dissing nLite?

OK, so to update this even more, I just looked on the nLite website, and as long as you are using at least v.1.4.5 you should be OK, as nLite claims the problem was fixed. Note that it says that if your using Vista as your host and your using an RTM version (aka "gold"/aka no service packs), you must slipstream SP2 first before slipstreaming SP3. If you've done all that and still have issues, you may want to check the nLite forum, or try to make the CD using an XP host.

OK, so to update this even more, I just looked on the nLite website, and as long as you are using at least v.1.4.5 you should be OK, as nLite claims the problem was fixed. Note that it says that if your using Vista as your host and your using an RTM version (aka "gold"/aka no service packs), you must slipstream SP2 first before slipstreaming SP3. If you've done all that and still have issues, you may want to check the nLite forum, or try to make the CD using an XP host.

Well with 20 years experience in this field and a computer programmer at degree level. I have integrated SP3 into all XP discs with command line switches