Favorite high-res wallpapers?

CoffeeFiend

This sections seems to be 90% polls dating from 2003 -- people answering questions which have been stale for years, so here's a new one!

What's your favorite sites for high resolution and high quality wallpapers? (e.g. 1920x1200, dual monitor, etc -- NOT 1024x768 and the like)

Some of my favs:

I know someone's dying to answer digitalblasphemy already, but IMO 99.9% of them just don't look good (looks fake/cheap CGI for the main part). And besides the places that has some great content, but are flooded with pure crap. flickr and photobucket have a bad to good ratio of 1000000:1 or so. There's some gems, if you're willing to spend a lot of time to find them.

I like basically any of the photo sharing sites. Caedes for one. Problem is you got to surf through a lot to get to the pictures (they ban page downloader spiders), but there's some absolutely stunning ones that I find on any of them. You occasionally find some interesting CG drawings and ray-tracings on sites like that too.

Then I find NASA images always are interesting. Pick either stuff taken off the shuttle or the ISS, or stuff from Hubble and it's hard to go wrong.

(I run very few images now in my image changer program, only because I run widescreen images with my widescreen monitor, and good ones of those are very hard to find. But I have found a ton of full screen images - that reminds me I need to book mark this and look for a few more images :D )

Edited by Glenn9999

• 2 weeks later...