Win98SE Ultimate CD

Is there a way to create IE 6 with all updates compress to a cab file and

all official/unofficial files for Win98SE compress to a cab file then add those 2 cab files

to the Win98SE folder then alter Setup.exe so that the new files are installed on a clean formatted drive.

That way we don't have to constantly install update after update after a clean install.

This is becoming a headache installing pack after pack etc.......

I imagine that we need to find a good command line utility to cab.

Then create a script replace all the new files into cabs. We can either replace all the files or make a file check with my hta installed files checker before and after all the updates, then use the list of modified files to compose our script or take all files created after 1999.

One possible problem is with new file, I mean newly added files which doesn't exist in the original version. Maybe setup won't install them. but I don't know, to be honest.

Another problem would be with non-file changes, I mean reg keys and ini settings which update packs could be doing.

Also read this thread.

I didn't have the patience to read it entirely, but it discuss something like that.

Edited by Fredledingue

:whistle: Actually Right "idea",yet this is what Auto-patcher does already and it "Still"Repairs my "4"-98SE computers any day and time after bad install from all kinds of other sources good and bad.Updates from Auto-patcher are Thee Best and Better than installing 1-by-1 agreed ***Only wish U.B.C.D.98 was a better and smaller way to create updater like A.P.does?*Sometimes UBCD98 will not fit on a 700mb/disk .(*For Re-install -i keep Win98SE-Cdrom and Auto-Patcher with a few Drivers i need on a Flashdrive and insert after i pre-download a few setup files on clean Hdd;and it basically installs @90% of system for 98SE....then set my own settings after it's done installing and all is well... :thumbup

:whistle: Look up First Older UBCD 98Files on MDGx's site for versions before 4.6version as these did have better use of showing how to add files and cabs to your own CDROM.....***Also...there was a cab extract or slipstream utility at VM Ryans XP Site which also works in 98SE...i believe? :wacko: